ADMIRE Merlot Colli Aprutini IGP 2016
"Admire" Merlot Colli Aprutini IGP 2016 / Fosso Corno / Abruzzo
Red wine from Italy
The Merlot grapes are carefully selected throughout the ripening season and they naturally dry 30 days directly on the plant. Fosso Corno uses of a special drying method: vine-shoots are cut off so that the grapes no longer receive nutrition from the plant and naturally dry thanks to the breeze coming both from the seaside and from the Gran Sasso chain. After fermentation, the Merlot “Admire” relaxes 12 - 14 months in french oak tonneaux (500 lit.). It then refines in bottles for 6 months before being released on the market. Deep ruby red color, delicate hints of pomegranate in the nose, full-bodied in the mouth.
- Vintage: 2016
- Ageing: Dry
- Country: Italy
- Region: Abruzzo
- Volume: 0,75 liters
- Producer and bottler: Fosso Corno - Via Fosso Corno - 64026 Roseto degli Abruzzi (TE) - Italia - +39 045 6201154
- Quality Designation: Indicazione Geografica Protetta (IGP)
- Grape: 100% Merlot
- Area of production: The Fosso Corno Estate is located in Roseto Degli Abruzzi and covers 30 hectares on a single hill, facing the Adriatic Sea. The vineyard from which Fosso Corno produce "Admire" stands at an average altitude of 140 mt. a.s.l. with optimal south-west exposure.
- Harvest: The grapes are carefully selected throughout the ripening season and naturally dry 30 days directly on the plant. Fosso Corno make use of a special drying method: vine-shoots are cut off so that the grapes no longer receive nutrition from the plant and naturally dry thanks to the breeze coming both from the sea-side and from the Gran Sasso chain.
- Vinification: Once these grapes have been hand-harvested and softly pressed, a slow, 25-days maceration begins. After fermentation, the Merlot "Admire" relaxes 12/14 months in French oak tonneaux (500 liter). It then refines in bottles for 6 months before being released on the market.
- Sensory characteristics: The "Admire" has delicate hints of pomegranade on the nose, full-bodied in the mouth. It comes across as well-balanced, full and vigorous, with a long finish.
- Color: Deep ruby red
- Alcohol content: 14,5 % Vol.
- Residual sugar: 4,0 g/l
- Acidity: 5,2 g/l
- Stopper: Natural cork
- How to serve: This wine is a good companion to pasta with meat sauces, roasted red meat, game, aged and sharp cheese.
- Recommended serving temperature: Between 16 and 18°C.
- Allergens: Contains sulfites
- EAN (bottle): 8034125060177
- Scope of supply: 1 bottle of wine 0.75 liters
The red grape MERLOT probably originates from France. It is an early variety, fruity, full-bodied and produces full-bodied wines.
Protection of minors: We deliver this article only to adults of unlimited legal capacity and reserve the right to demand appropriate proof of age. The data required for the order, such as name, address, etc., must be provided in full and truthfully.