Aglianico Campania IGT 2018
Aglianico Campania IGT 2018 / Villa Raiano / Campania
Red wine from Italy
This white wine from southern Italy is made only with Falanghina grapes from vineyards in the Benevento province. The grapes are harvested manually and transported to the wine cellar in small boxes to prevent the berries from being crushed. The grapes are then soft pressed in whole bunches to preserve the flower must. The vinification and aging on the lees for 4 months takes place entirely in steel tanks. A star in Campania and far beyond.
- Vintage: 2018
- Ageing: Dry
- Country: Italy
- Region: Campania
- Volume: 0,75 liters
- Producer and bottler: Villa Raiano - Loc. Cerreto - Via Bosco Satrano, 1 - 83020 San Michele di Serino (AV) - Italia - +39 0825 595663
- Quality Designation: Indicazione Geografica Tipica (IGT)
- Grape: 100% Aglianico
- Winemaking: The grapes for this wine are grown in the municipalities of Castelfranci, Venticano and Bonito on clay and marl soils in the guyot, cordon and pergel system. The vinification takes place in stainless steel with daily circulation and maceration of the skins for about a week. The aging takes place 50% in French oak barrels in the second and third passage for a period of approx. 10 months and 50% also for approx. 10 months in stainless steel in contact with the skins.
- Sensory characteristics: Fresh and spicy on the nose with black fruits and smoky, tarry notes. Fresh wild plum and bitter cherry fruits are balanced by firm acidity and firm, but ripe tannins. An impeccably made wine that combines depth and structure with lively, spicy fruits.
- Color: Ruby red with purple reflections.
- Alcohol content: 13,5% Vol.
- Residual sugar: 2,0 g/l
- Acidity: 5,4 g/l
- Stopper: Natural cork
- How to serve: Ideal for grilled dishes or as a wine for contemplation. Try it with a steak.
- Recommended serving temperature: Between 14 and 16°C.
- Allergens: Contains sulfites
- EAN (bottle): 8004123006187
- Scope of supply: 1 bottle of wine 0.75 liters
Aglianico is a red grape that is grown mainly in the Basilicata and Campania. It was introduced more than 2500 years ago by the Greeks as vitis hellenica to Campania and spread up to Puglia and Basilicata. This vine produces well-structures and full-bodied wines with intense tannins and a strong acid. The wines need, because of the high tannin content, some years of maturity to develop their high quality.
Protection of minors: We deliver this article only to adults of unlimited legal capacity and reserve the right to demand appropriate proof of age. The data required for the order, such as name, address, etc., must be provided in full and truthfully.