Aglianico Rosso Calabria IGP 2019
Aglianico Rosso Calabria IGP 2019 / Ferrocinto / Calabria
Red wine from Italy
The Aglianico Rosso Calabria IGP 2017 is a fruity red wine from the southern Italian province of Cosenza. The calcareous soils and the large temperature differences between day and night give this wine a very special taste. This is rounded off by storage in French oak barrels for at least 6 months. An exceptional wine that goes well with roasts, braised beef, venison and aged cheeses.
- Vintage: 2019
- Ageing: Dry
- Country: Italy
- Region: Calabria
- Volume: 0,75 liters
- Producer and bottler: Tenute Ferrocinto/Campoverde Spa - Contrada Ciparsia - 87012 Castrovillari (CS) - Italia - +39 0981 415122
- Quality Designation: Indicazione Geografica Protetta (IGP)
- Grape: 100% Aglianico
- Origin: This Aglianico thrives on a plateau (500m above sea level) at the foot of the mountain chain Monte Pollino, in the immediate vicinity of the largest Italian National Park. Here the soils are highly calcareous. In addition, the grapes benefit from the fact, that here prevail large temperature differences between day and night.
- Vinification: Vintage takes place on the 3rd and 4th decade of October. Subsequently, the fermentation takes place in steel tanks at a controlled temperature of 25 to 30°C. This magnificent wine is then stored for 6 months in French oak barrels. Finally, he rests for at least 6 months in the bottle before putting on the market.
- Sensory characteristics: Fruity and spicy scent. In the taste, this Aglianico is dry, full, tasty and long lasting.
- Color: Red with violet reflections.
- Alcohol content: 13 % Vol.
- Stopper: Natural cork
- How to serve: Perfect for roasts, stews, venison and mature cheese varieties.
- Recommended serving temperature: Between 14 and 16°C.
- Allergens: Contains sulfites
- EAN (bottle): 8014529002119
- Scope of supply: 1 bottle of wine 0.75 liters
Aglianico is a red grape that is grown mainly in the Basilicata and Campania. It was introduced more than 2500 years ago by the Greeks as vitis hellenica to Campania and spread up to Puglia and Basilicata.
This vine produces well-structures and full-bodied wines with intense tannins and a strong acid. The wines need, because of the high tannin content, some years of maturity to develop their high quality.
Protection of minors: We deliver this article only to adults of unlimited legal capacity and reserve the right to demand appropriate proof of age. The data required for the order, such as name, address, etc., must be provided in full and truthfully.