AMARANTO Sangiovese Maremma Toscana DOC 2018
AMARANTO Sangiovese Maremma Toscana DOC 2018 / Podere San Cristoforo / Tuscany
Red wine from Italy
The Amaranto presents a very pure style of Sangiovese: friendly and elegant, but also juicy and with great strength and substance. The namesake for this wine is the scarlet plant, which was called "amaranth" in Greek antiquity, i.e., the plant "that does not wither" as well as the friendship and respect for nature of the Podere San Cristoforo winery.
- Vintage: 2018
- Ageing: Dry
- Country: Italy
- Region: Tuscany (Toscana)
- Volume: 0,75 liters
- Producer and bottler: Podere San Cristoforo - Via Forni – Fraz. Bagno - 58023 Gavorrano (GR) - Italia - +39 333 5411712
- Wine-growing year 2018: After a demanding and very rainy spring, summer passed with hot and sunny days. The harvest, which took place in September, also benefited from almost perfect weather conditions. The 2018 Amaranto is not extraordinarily powerful but shows deep colors and extremely original aromas
- Quality Designation: Denominazione di Origine Controllata (DOC)
- Grape: 100% Sangiovese (Selection from the vineyard in Montalcino).
- Winemaking: The grapes are harvested by hand in the first ten days of September. Only the selected grapes are brought to the cellar for winemaking. Both maceration and spontaneous fermentation take place in stainless steel. Maturation, on the other hand, takes place in used French oak barrels and takes about 10 months. The wine is then bottled unfiltered when the moon wanes. The bottles refine for a few months in the cellar before they are put on the market.
- Sensory characteristics:: The aroma is elegant with pleasant fruity notes of red fruits such as cherry, raspberry and strawberry, which leave room for herbaceous undergrowth notes. Finally with spicy scents of black pepper, cinnamon, and liquorice. Dry on the palate, of medium intensity and structure and a good match between aromas and flavors.
- Colour: Brilliant ruby red.
- Alcohol content: 13,5% Vol.
- Stopper: Natural cork
- Serving suggestion: This Sangiovese goes well with both white and red meat - try it with grilled meat! It goes without saying that it goes well with hearty Italian starters and aged cheeses. Nice just like that, with a side dish of bread, salami and cheese.
- Recommended serving temperature: Between 16 and 18°C. The Amaranto should be opened 30 minutes before consumption.
- Allergen: Contains sulfites
- Awards: Robert Parker: 91 Points; James Suckling: 90 Points; Luca Maroni: 92 Points; Antonio Galloni: 90 Points.
- EAN (bottle): 8002235006439
- Scope of supply: 1 bottle of wine 0.75 liters
SANGIOVESE is a red grape. It is one of the most important and most common varieties in Italy and main ingredient of the famous Chianti. The vine has a long tradition and was already cultivated by the Etruscans. In the 20th century the best clones were selected and systematically propagated. A varietal Sangiovese is usually characterized by a strong color and distinctive structure of acid and strong tannins. The name SANGIOVESE is latin-latin in origin and means "Jupiters blood" (Sanguis Giove).
Protection of minors: We deliver this article only to adults of unlimited legal capacity and reserve the right to demand appropriate proof of age. The data required for the order, such as name, address, etc., must be provided in full and truthfully.