ANTICAIA Salice Salentino Riserva DOP 2017
Anticaia" Salice Salentino Riserva DOP 2017 / San Donaci / Apulia
Red wine from Italy
This wine is made from the careful selection of Negroamaro grapes, exclusively from Alberello breeding. It is only marketed after two years of aging, including at least six months of aging in barriques. The nose shows traces of ripe red fruits, also in the form of jam and alcohol. Notes of spices such as black pepper, as well as leather and toasted aromas. Very ethereal. Thanks to the non-invasive tannins, it goes well with aged cheeses such as Parmigiano Stravecchio, Bitto, Piacentino di Enna and Pecorino. Also good with salami and game.
- Vintage: 2017
- Ageing: Dry
- Country: Italy
- Region: Apulia
- Volume: 0,75 liters
- Producer and bottler: Cantina San Donaci - Via Mesagne 62 - 72025 San Donaci (Brindisi) - Italia - +39 0831 681005
- Quality Designation: Denominazione di Origine Protetta (DOP)
- Grape: 90% Negroamaro and 10% Malvasia.
- Production area: This wine takes its name from a municipality north of Lecce on the Salentine Peninsula. The grapes for this wine come from the vineyards around the town of San Donaci in the province of Brindisi.
- Soil type and training system: On middle mixture soils with the Apulian freestanding system.
- Plant density and yield: About 4000 plants per hectare. A yield of 70 to 80q per hectare.
- Vinification: Obtained from a careful selection of Negroamaro and Malvasia Nera grapes, planted in the traditional Alberello system. Vinification in red with thermo-controlling fermentation process. This wine is aged in barriques for 24 months, then aged in bottle.
- Sensory characteristics: Good fruity bouquet with a fine spicy sign, given by the ageing in barrique for at least 2 years, thanks to which it is titled with the term "RISERVA". Its taste is round, soft and dry.
- Color: Intense ruby red.
- Alcohol content: 14,0 % Vol.
- Residual sugar: 6,30 g/l
- Acidity: 6,51 g/l
- Stopper: Natural cork
- How to serve: It is suggested for strong cheese and roasts.
- Recommended serving temperature: Between 18 and 20°C. We recommend to open this wine at least 1 hour before serving.
- Allergens: Contains sulfites
- Award: Berliner Wine Trophy: Gold
- EAN (bottle): 8023909010118
- Scope of supply: 1 bottle of wine 0.75 liters
NEGROAMARO is a red grape that is grown mainly in the southern Italian region of Apulia. It produces powerful wines. In general, the yields are very low, but the quality of the wines benefit.
MALVASIA is a collective name for many white and red grape varieties. Most of these varieties are ancient Greek origin. For example, the famous Portuguese fortified wine Madeira is made from a variety Malvasia. As the wines from this variety - because of their heavy and sweet taste - have fallen somewhat out of fashion, it is often used to refine other wines.
Protection of minors: We deliver this article only to adults of unlimited legal capacity and reserve the right to demand appropriate proof of age. The data required for the order, such as name, address, etc., must be provided in full and truthfully.