Barolo Bussia D.O.C.G. 2015
Barolo Bussia D.O.C.G. 2015 / Giacomo Fenocchio / Piedmont
Red wine from Italy
The color of the Barolo Bussia is deep garnet red and the bouquet is fine and pleasant, with intense aromas of spicy rose and liquorice. The taste is dry, warm, full-bodied, and balanced with pronounced tannins and a persistent aftertaste. A wine that is particularly suitable for aging.
- Vintage: 2015
- Ageing: Trocken
- Country: Italy
- Region: Piedmont
- Volume: 0,75 liters
- Producer and bottler: Giacomo Fenocchio - Loc. Bussia 72 - 12065 Monforte d'Alba (CN) - Italia - +39 0173 78675
- Quality Designation: Denominazione di Origine Controllata e Garantita (D.O.C.G.)
- Grape: 100% Nebbiolo (Varieties Michet and Lampia). Area of production is Monforte d'Alba - Sottozona Bussia.
- Vineyards area: 5 hectare
- Exposition: South - South/West
- Altimetry: Hilly area at 300m above the sea-level.
- Soil: Helvetian with clayey and calcareus sediments, rich in iron.
- Age of the vineyards: 30 years.
- Grape yield per hectare: 70 quintals.
- Harvest: First two weeks of October.
- Vinification: Traditional method of long maceration for 40 days: natural fermentation without added yeasts for 40 days in stainless steel tanks.
- Ageing: 6 months in stainless steel tanks, 30 months in large capacity Slavonian oak casks (35 - 50 hl) and a successive maturation in the bottle.
- Sensory characteristics: The bouquet is fine and pleasing, with intense scents of spiced rose and licorice. The flavor is dry, warm, full bodied and balanced with pronounced tannins and a persistent aftertaste. A wine particularly adapted for aging.
- Color: Deep garnet red.
- Alcohol content: 13,5 to 14 % Vol.
- Total acidity: From 5,2 to 5,6 g/l
- Stopper: Natural cork
- How to serve: The Barolo Bussia, with its structure and body characteristics, pairs well with dishes of meat, game and aged cheeses, typical dishes of the local cuisine, as well as with many rich international dishes.
- Recommended serving temperature: Between 17 und 18°C. The Barolo should definitely be decanted prior to consumption.
- Allergens: Contains sulfites
- Scope of supply: 1 bottle of wine 0.75 liters
The red grape Nebbiolo comes from the Italian region of Piedmont and delivers tannic, expressive wines that need to mature long. The name is derived from "nebbia" which means fog and points to the white coating on the berries, which forms when fully ripe.
This vine was probably grown since ancient times in the hills of Monferrato and the Langhe, and is already mentioned in writings of the 13th century.
The Nebbiolo is one of the most demanding grape varieties, concerning the floor and location. It grows almost exclusively on calcareous marl and absolutely requires steep south and southwest positions.
Protection of minors: We deliver this article only to adults of unlimited legal capacity and reserve the right to demand appropriate proof of age. The data required for the order, such as name, address, etc., must be provided in full and truthfully.