Cannonau di Sardegna DOC 2019
Cannonau di Sardegna DOC 2019 / Antonella Corda / Sardinia
Red wine from Italy
The young winemaker Antonella Corda from Sardinia is the new discovery of the Italian wine scene, who received the coveted 3 glasses from Gambero Rosso twice in a row for the 2016 and 2017 vintages of her Cannonau. This Cannonau comes from the Mitza S’ollastu vineyard on the Rio Mannu. The permeable, well-ventilated soil is a mixture of sand, clay, limestone and gravel and, together with the mild Mediterranean climate and the consistently light wind, ensures perfectly ripened, healthy grapes and the necessary balance of fruit and tannins to give the wine its varietal character. The garnet red of this Cannonau prepares the nose for an intense fruit bouquet. The taste is dominated by a fruity body. The tannins are pleasantly soft and the finish is long and elegant.
- Vintage: 2019
- Ageing: Dry
- Country: Italy
- Region: Sardinia
- Volume: 0,75 liters
- Producer and bottler: Azienda Agricola Antonella Corda - Loc. Pranu Raimondo - Strada Statale 466 km 6,800 - 09040 Serdiana (CA) – Sardegna - Italia - +39 0707966300
- Quality Designation: Denominazione di Origine Controllata (DOC)
- Grape: 100% Cannonau
- Winemaking: Cold maceration followed by fermentation at a controlled temperature in stainless steel tanks. The expansion takes place 90% in stainless steel and 10% in partly untoasted and partly medium toasted barriques.
- Sensory characteristics: Intense fruit bouquet with notes of cherry, raspberry, blackberry and rose. Delicately spicy. The taste has a fruity body with a pleasant, aromatic, slightly spicy fullness. Pleasantly soft tannins. Long and extremely elegant in the finish.
- Color: Garnet red.
- Alcohol content: 14,0% Vol.
- Acidity: 5,0 g/l
- Stopper: Natural cork
- How to serve: A very good accompaniment to substantial meat-based dishes. Also excellent with game dishes.
- Recommended serving temperature: Between 14 and 16°C.
- Allergens: Contains sulfites
- EAN (bottle): 8053853690029
- Scope of supply: 1 bottle of wine 0.75 liters
The CANNONAU grape variety is actually identical to the Spanish Grenache grape variety. It is believed that it was brought to Sardinia by the Spaniards. The wine made from the Cannonau grape is poor in tannins and color. It can therefore deliver good fruity wines. Under extreme climatic conditions (drought, heat, wind) and with very low yields, the Cannonau also delivers concentrated, extremely storable red wines. Perfect for Sardinia.
Protection of minors: We deliver this article only to adults of unlimited legal capacity and reserve the right to demand appropriate proof of age. The data required for the order, such as name, address, etc., must be provided in full and truthfully.