Castelforte Amarone della Valpolicella D.O.C.G. 2016
Castelforte Amarone della Valpolicella D.O.C.G. 2016 / Cantine Riondo / Veneto
Red wine from Italy
The Castelforte Amarone is the fruit of the withering of Corvina and Rondinella grapes. A slow fermentation and aging in large oak barrels for at least 18 months gives this wine a full body and a deep garnet red colour with a complex bouquet of cinnamon, cherry jam, fruits in alcohol and walnut, which on the palate emphasizes a black cherry taste, spicy notes of vanilla and Coffee in the finish. It goes perfectly with first courses with elaborate sauces with truffles, rabbits, or game, as well as with grilled red meat, braised meat and aged cheese.
- Vintage: 2016
- Ageing: Dry
- Country: Italy
- Region: Veneto
- Volume: 0,75 liters
- Producer and bottler: Cantine Riondo - Via Cappuccini 6 - Monteforte d'Alpone (VR) - Italia - +39 045 6104346
- Quality Designation: Denominazione di Origine Controllata e Garantita (D.O.C.G.)
- Grapes: Corvina, Rondinella, Corvinone and Molinara.
- Manufacturing: After the harvest at the end of September, the grapes for the Amarone are spread out in dry houses in the hills of the Valpolicella. The classic varieties Corvina, Rondinella and Corvinone dry in small boxes until spring. The dried and highly concentrated grapes are then fermented on the mash and aged in large oak barrels for 24 months.
- Sensory characteristics: The Castelforte Amarone della Valpolicella is a full-bodied red wine. The long, slow fermentation gives this wine a complex bouquet of cinnamon, cherry jam and walnut, as well as a palate of ripe black cherry fruits with notes of vanilla and coffee on the finish. Long final.
- Color: Deep garnet red.
- Alcohol content: 15,0 % Vol.
- Residual sugar: 7,0 g/l
- Acid: 5,60 g/l
- Stopper: Natural cork
- How to serve: The Amarone goes perfectly with rich pasta dishes, game and grilled or steamed red meat and mature cheese.
- Recommended serving temperature: Between 18 and 20°C
- Allergens: Contains sulfites
- EAN (bottle): 8001968003197
- Scope of supply: 1 bottle of wine 0.75 liters
- Awards: Luca Maroni: 97 Points; Berliner Wine Trophy: GOLD; Mundus Vini: SILVER
CORVINA is a red variety native in the valley of Verona. In the present she can only be almost exclusively in this area.
The RONDINELLA is a well-known red grape from the Veneto. The Rondinella is a rarely expanded variety, since they may have little independent character.
The graoe CORVINONE is an Italian red grape that is grown almost exclusively around the city of Verona.
The MOLINARA is a red grape that is often also called Breppon. It is grown mainly in Italy, where it is part of the famous Valpolicella and Bardolino.
Protection of minors: We deliver this article only to adults of unlimited legal capacity and reserve the right to demand appropriate proof of age. The data required for the order, such as name, address, etc., must be provided in full and truthfully.