Castelforte Amarone della Valpolicella Riserva D.O.C.G. 2015
Castelforte Amarone della Valpolicella Riserva D.O.C.G. 2015 / Cantine Riondo / Veneto
Red wine from Italy
The Castelforte Amarone della Valpolicella Riserva is the most intense and complex expression of the Riondo wineries, born from the vineyards owned by the winery located north of Verona, in the historic area of Valpolicella. The bunches selected for its realization are Corvina, Corvinone and Rondinella grapes. These are left to dry in the fruit cellar, then started to a slow fermentation with long maceration in contact with the skins. Refine in oak barrels for at least 48 months. At sight it has a ruby red color of beautiful concentration. The scent amazes for its depth, with notes of black cherry, tobacco, and spices. On the palate it expresses great compactness and persistence. The Amarone goes perfectly with rich pasta dishes, game and grilled or steamed red meat and mature cheese. Excellent meditation wine.
- Vintage: 2015
- Ageing: Dry
- Country: Italy
- Region: Veneto
- Volume: 0,75 liters
- Producer and bottler: Cantine Riondo - Via Cappuccini 6 - Monteforte d'Alpone (VR) - Italia - +39 045 6104346
- Quality Designation: Denominazione di Origine Controllata e Garantita (D.O.C.G.)
- Grapes: Corvina, Rondinella, Corvinone and Molinara.
- Manufacturing: Castelforte Amarone Riserva is a blend of the finest batches of Castelforte Amarone with an extra two years of ageing in wooden casks: it is a Winemaker’s Choice of the most elegant batches showing the best natural expressions of the fruit in the wine. The blend for Riserva is necessarily limited: for its debut with vintage 2015, only 15,000 bottles are available for all markets as shown on the back labels that are counted progressively.
- Sensory characteristics: The Castelforte Amarone Riserva is a full-bodied wine that conveys great elegance and finesse with its remarkable perfumes of prunes and black cherry along with spicy cinnamon notes on the finish. On the palate, hints of liquorice and cocoa powder play with an exceptionally pleasant tannin that caresses the mouth and invites another sip.
- Color: Ruby red color of good concentration.
- Alcohol content: 15,5 % Vol.
- Residual sugar: 6,0 g/l
- Acid: 5,40 g/l
- Stopper: Natural cork
- How to serve: The Amarone goes perfectly with rich pasta dishes, game and grilled or steamed red meat and mature cheese. Excellent meditation wine.
- Recommended serving temperature: Between 18 and 20°C
- Allergens: Contains sulfites
- EAN (bottle): 8001968005412
- Scope of supply: 1 bottle of wine 0.75 liters
CORVINA is a red variety native in the valley of Verona. In the present she can only be almost exclusively in this area.
The RONDINELLA is a well-known red grape from the Veneto. The Rondinella is a rarely expanded variety, since they may have little independent character.
The grape CORVINONE is an Italian red grape that is grown almost exclusively around the city of Verona.
The MOLINARA is a red grape that is often also called Breppon. It is grown mainly in Italy, where it is part of the famous Valpolicella and Bardolino.
Protection of minors: We deliver this article only to adults of unlimited legal capacity and reserve the right to demand appropriate proof of age. The data required for the order, such as name, address, etc., must be provided in full and truthfully.