Castelforte Pinot Grigio Venezie DOC 2021
Casalforte Pinot Grigio Venezie DOC 2021 / Cantine Riondo / Veneto
White wine from Italy
Casalforte is Cantine Riondo's premium line and represents the most refined interpretation of the winemaking tradition of the territory to which it belongs. The line includes elegant and full-bodied Venetian DOC and varietal wines that go perfectly with the most complex and sophisticated dishes of Italian and international cuisine. The name pays homage to the typical "farms" that are present in many farms of the winemakers who have wisely tended their land for countless generations with the "fortress" of soul and passion that has always characterized them.
Cantine Riondo is located in the heart of the Soave area between Verona and Venice. Although it was only founded as a wine cooperative in 2008, it is now one of the most important wine producers in Veneto. The corporate structure seems complicated, but in reality, it is very simple: two thousand winemakers cultivate 6000 hectares of vineyards in the provinces of Verona, Vicenza and Padua and give the harvested grapes to five wineries for subsequent winemaking.
The Pinot Grigio grown in Veneto finds a habitat of lighter soils and more spacious areas, which makes the wine rather light and fruity with little alcohol. Nevertheless, Cantine Riondo manages to conjure up a full and fruity varietal wine with Casalforte Pinot Grigio delle Venezie DOC.
In Veneto, the vines that produce the grapes for this wine grow on clay and limestone soils. After the grape harvest, the grapes go straight to the winery. Here they are sorted and carefully pressed. This is followed by fermentation in stainless steel tanks at a controlled temperature of 18°C and a temperature-controlled three-month maturation on the fine yeast.
With its straw yellow colour, this Pinot Grigio exudes an aroma of citrus fruits reminiscent of grapefruit. Subtle notes of balsamic and sage can also be seen in the background. Then on the palate dry, intense, and pleasantly fresh. Overall, this white wine is gentle and says goodbye with a fruity and lasting finish.
At an ideal drinking temperature of around 8 to 10 ° C, the Casalforte Pinot Grigio delle Venezie DOC, which has been highly praised by various wine critics, is an excellent accompaniment to vegetable soups, vegetarian dishes, seafood and grilled white meat.
- Vintage: 2021
- Ageing: Dry
- Country: Italy
- Region: Veneto
- Volume: 0,75 liters
- Producer and bottler: Cantine Riondo - Via Cappuccini 6 - Monteforte d'Alpone (VR) - Italia - +39 045 6104346
- Quality Designation: Denominazione di Origine Controllata (DOC)
- Grape: 100% Pinot Grigio
- Manufacturing: Gentle pressing of the grapes with subsequent fermentation at 18°C and a three month maturation on the yeasts at 8°C.
- Sensory characteristics: The Casalforte Pinot Grigio is a full-bodied and fruity varietal wine. You can recognize the citrus notes of grapefruit and pleasant balsamic notes of sage. Intense and pleasantly fresh.
- Color: Straw yellow
- Alcohol content: 12,5 % Vol.
- Residual sugar: 5,0 g/l
- Acid: 6,0 g/l
- Stopper: Natural cork
- How to serve: This Pinot Grigio from Veneto goes well with vegetable soups and grilled white meats.
- Recommended serving temperature: Cooled between 8 and 10°C.
- Allergens: Contains sulfites
- EAN (bottle): 8001968004040
- Scope of supply: 1 bottle of wine 0.75 liters
The PINOT GRIGIO grape variety is cultivated throughout northern Italy. The shape of the grapes and their gray-reddish colour reveal the close relationship with the Pinot Nero, from which it apparently originates. It is grown both in the valley and on low hills. If this grape variety is planted in the Veneto, it will find ideal conditions on light soils and spacious areas to make light and fruity wines from it.
Protection of minors: We deliver this article only to adults of unlimited legal capacity and reserve the right to demand appropriate proof of age. The data required for the order, such as name, address, etc., must be provided in full and truthfully.