Castelforte Valpolicella Classico Ripasso D.O.C. 2017
Castelforte Valpolicella Classico Ripasso D.O.C. 2017 / Cantine Riondo / Veneto
Red wine from Italy
In winter, fresh Valpolicella wine (made from Corvina and Rondinella grapes) is poured onto the skins left over from the production of Amarone using the traditional "Ripasso" technique: this process increases the alcohol, body and smell of Valpolicella. This wine is aged in oak barrels and is dry, full-bodied with complex aromas of cherries, red fruits and spices. The Castelforte Valpolicella Ripasso goes perfectly with roasts, steamed and grilled meat and aged cheese.
- Vintage: 2017
- Ageing: Dry
- Country: Italy
- Region: Veneto
- Volume: 0,75 liters
- Producer and bottler: Cantine Riondo - Via Cappuccini 6 - Monteforte d'Alpone (VR) - Italia - +39 045 6104346
- Quality Designation: Denominazione di Origine Controllata (D.O.C.)
- Grapes: Corvina, Rondinella, Corvinone and Molinara.
- Manufacturing: After a careful selection of Valpolicella grapes with high sugar content, vinification takes place with the "Ganimede" system where the grape skins and wine are continuously mixed in order to extract color and tannins. During the winter, Valpolicella wine is passed over the skins remaining from the production of Amarone using the traditional “Ripasso" tecnique, wich increases the alcohol, body and perfumes of the wine. The resulting wine will is aged partly in stainless steel and partly in oak wood casks for 12 months.
- Sensory characteristics: The Castelforte Valpolicella Ripasso is a dry and full-bodied wine with a complex fragrance of cherries, red fruits and spices. It has a warm and elegant body and is a sensation on the palate.
- Color: Ruby red with purple hues.
- Alcohol content: 13,0 % Vol.
- Residual sugar: 7,0 g/l
- Acid: 5,60 g/l
- Stopper: Natural cork
- How to serve: Ideal with red and grilled meat, stews and long-aged cheese.
- Recommended serving temperature: Between 18 and 20°C
- Allergens: Contains sulfites
- Awards: Luca Maroni: 96 Points; Berliner Wein Trophy: GOLD; Mundus Vini: SILVER
- EAN (bottle): 8001968003401
- Scope of supply: 1 bottle of wine 0.75 liters
CORVINA is a red variety native in the valley of Verona. In the present she can only be almost exclusively in this area.
The RONDINELLA is a well-known red grape from the Veneto. The Rondinella is a rarely expanded variety, since they may have little independent character.
The grape CORVINONE is an Italian red grape that is grown almost exclusively around the city of Verona.
The MOLINARA is a red grape that is often also called Breppon. It is grown mainly in Italy, where it is part of the famous Valpolicella and Bardolino.
Protection of minors: We deliver this article only to adults of unlimited legal capacity and reserve the right to demand appropriate proof of age. The data required for the order, such as name, address, etc., must be provided in full and truthfully.