Chardonnay Festival Südtirol DOC 2020
Chardonnay Festival Südtirol DOC 2020 / Cantina Merano / South-Tirol
White wine from Italy
In 2010, the two traditional winery cooperatives of the Burggrafenamt, the Cantina Burggräfler and the Cantina Merano winery merged. This resulted in the Cantina Merano Burggräfler, which now has 380 members and cultivates 260 hectares of vineyards. As a result, the western cultivation area of South Tyrol from Lana in the south via Merano to Riffian in the north and Lagundo to Kastelbell in the west has been united under one roof.
The white grape variety CHARDONNAY has been grown in Italy for a long time, especially near the Alps. When she came to Italy is not known because there has been a confusion of languages up to the present. In Italy this variety was called Pinot Bianco or Pinot Blanc. Terms Clarity has only existed since the 1990s. CHARDONNAY probably has its origin in Burgundy. In the Merano area, this renowned white wine variety finds the best conditions to thrive and, when blended from different altitudes, unfolds its very own, individual variety of aromas.
The “Festival” wine line from the Cantina Merano, to which our Chardonnay belongs, offers expressive wines typical of the variety. The cultivation areas of the vines are in the communities of Algrund, Meran, Schenna, Lana and Marling at heights of 280 to 450m above sea level and thrive on humus, weakly loamy sand, and granite. The grape harvest takes place relatively early at the beginning of September. To avoid unintentional fermentation, the grapes are immediately transported to the wine cellar, destemmed and winemaking begins with cold maceration in the grape press. The alcoholic fermentation then takes place in small stainless-steel tanks at a controlled temperature. The acid is partially biodegraded. It then needs five months of storage on the fine lees to complete this wonderful Chardonnay Festival Südtirol DOC.
With its lively straw yellow with a greenish shimmer, the bouquet of the Chardonnay Festival Südtirol DOC from the Merano winery is reminiscent of exotic fruits such as bananas, pineapples, and ripe apples. On the palate, this white wine is dry, harmonious, fresh, very soft and offers a long finish. The taste buds perceive notes of pineapple, yellow apples, and a little caramel.
At a recommended drinking temperature of around 10 to 12°C, this Chardonnay is a nice accompaniment to fish and seafood dishes, white meat, risotto, spicy cheeses and perfect with the famous South Tyrolean “Käsenocken”.
- Vintage: 2020
- Ageing: Dry
- Country: Italy
- Region: South-Tirol
- Volume: 0,75 liters
- Producer and bottler: Kellerei Meran Burggräfler Gen. Landw. Ges. - Via Cantina 9 - 39020 Marlengo (BZ) - Italia - +39 0473 447137
- Quality Designation: Denominazione di Origine Controllata (DOC)
- Grape: 100% Chardonnay
- Winemaking: Cold maceration in the grape press. Alcoholic fermentation in small stainless steel tanks at a controlled temperature. Partial biological acid degradation. Later storage on the lees for 5 months.
- Sensory characteristics: The bouquet is reminiscent of exotic fruits such as banana, pineapple and ripe apples. The taste is dry, harmonious, fresh, very soft with a persistent finish. You can taste subtle pineapple, yellow apple and caramel.
- Color: Lively straw yellow with a greenish tinge.
- Alcohol content: 13,5 % Vol.
- Residual sugar: 3,6 g/l
- Acidity: 5,8 g/l
- Stopper: Natural cork
- How to serve: Ideal with fish and seafood, white meat and risotto.
- Recommended serving temperature: Between 10 and 12°C.
- Allergens: Contains sulfites
- EAN (bottle): 8028677421012
- Scope of supply: 1 bottle of wine 0.75 liters
The white grape variety CHARDONNAY has been grown in Italy for a long time, especially near the Alps. When she came to Italy is not known because there has been a confusion of languages up to the present. In Italy this variety was called Pinot Bianco or Pinot Blanc. Terms Clarity has only existed since the 1990s. CHARDONNAY probably has its origin in Burgundy.
Protection of minors: We deliver this article only to adults of unlimited legal capacity and reserve the right to demand appropriate proof of age. The data required for the order, such as name, address, etc., must be provided in full and truthfully.