Chianti Classico Riserva DOCG 2017
Chianti Classico Riserva DOCG 2017 / Castello di Albola / Tuscany
Red wine from Italy
Highly decorated wine from Tuscany. This precious Riserva contains the best grapes from eight vineyards selected by Castello di Albola, vinified in purity, each of which contributes to the result with a particular nuance of Sangiovese. The Chianti Classico Riserva DOCG ages for 14 months in barriques and another 18 months in the bottle. This is how its special aromas can develop. Notes of ripe berries, tobacco, and liquorice on the nose. Dry, enveloping, elegant and complex on the palate. Nice as a meditation wine.
- Vintage: 2017
- Ageing: Dry
- Country: Italy
- Region: Tuscany
- Volume: 0,75 liters
- Producer and bottler: Castello d'Albola - Via Pian d’Albola, 31 - 53017 Radda in Chianti (Siena) - Italia - +39 0577 738019
- Climate 2017: 2017 was a hot and sometimes dry year with little rain in the summer. Spring was cool at times and was marked by a few late frosts in April. Fortunately, the considerable height of the vineyards limited the damage to the winery. Temperatures reached very high peaks in July and August. It was not until the end of September, in the last ripening period of the grapes and just before harvest, that there were rainy days with little rain, which, despite the complexity of the climatic conditions, contributed to the ripening of the fruit. The relative yield limit 2017 can certainly be described as an interesting vintage, which is characterized by a higher concentration, pronounced fruit notes, a good balance between tannin and acidity and an above-average structure.
- Quality Designation: Denominazione di Origine Controllata e Garantita (DOCG)
- Grape: 100% Sangiovese from Radda in Chianti.
- Soil type: The vineyards are cultivated at altitudes between 350 and 650 metres. The lands are located on the hills of Alberese, originated from Pliocene marine deposits. As a result, the area is characterized by a clayey soil, with good internal drainage due to the presence of fine gravel (Galestro and Alberese).
- Training method: Guyot and cordon system.
- Production: The must is fermented in vertical fermenters for about 3 weeks. Once the malolactic fermentation is complete, the wine is aged in oak. Refinement takes about 14 months: 40% of the wine rests in barriques made from Allier oak, 60% in barrels made from traditional Slavonian oak.
- Sensory characteristics: Intense bouquet with notes of ripe berries, tobacco, and liquorice. In the background, sweet vanilla tones. Dry, enveloping, elegant and complex on the palate. Fine acidity with buttery notes and an elegant hint of roasted aromas. Finally, there is a long and persistent finish.
- Color: Ruby red
- Alcohol content: 13,5 % Vol.
- Residual sugar: 1,1 g/l
- Stopper: Natural cork
- How to serve: Excellent with pasta dishes with sauce, red meat, roasts, game and middle-aged cheese. And of course as a meditation wine.
- Recommended serving temperature: Between 16 and 18°C.
- Allergens: Contains sulfites
- EAN (bottle): 8002235646659
- Awards: Gambero Rosso: 3 Glasses; JamesSuckling.com: 92 out of 100 points.
- Scope of supply: 1 bottle of wine 0.75 liters
SANGIOVESE is a red grape. It is one of the most important and most common varieties in Italy and main ingredient of the famous Chianti. The vine has a long tradition and was already cultivated by the Etruscans. In the 20th century the best clones were selected and systematically propagated. A varietal Sangiovese is usually characterized by a strong color and distinctive structure of acid and strong tannins. The name SANGIOVESE is latin-latin in origin and means "Jupiters blood" (Sanguis Giove).
Protection of minors: We deliver this article only to adults of unlimited legal capacity and reserve the right to demand appropriate proof of age. The data required for the order, such as name, address, etc., must be provided in full and truthfully.