CONTRADA DEL FALCO Rosso Salento I.G.P 2017
CONTRADA DEL FALCO Rosso Salento I.G.P 2017 / San Donaci / Apulia
Red wine from Italy
Wine made from a blend of Negroamaro, Primitivo and Malvasia Nera grapes, all of which are grown using the Alberello system. This is the oldest system of raising vines still in use. After a passage in barriques, the refinement ends in the bottle. The Contrada di Falco shows notes of red fruit pulp fruits such as blackberries, raspberries, and currants on the nose. The taste of this red wine is dry, harmonious, intense, and spicy. Great companion to Italian sausages, boiled meat, roasts, venison, semi-ripe cheeses, and spicy cheeses.
- Vintage: 2017
- Ageing: Dry
- Country: Italy
- Region: Apulia
- Volume: 0,75 liters
- Producer and bottler: Cantina San Donaci - Via Mesagne 62 - 72025 San Donaci (Brindisi) - Italia - +39 0831 681005
- Quality Designation: Indicazione Geografica Protetta (I.G.P.)
- Grape: 50% Negroamaro, 25% Malvasia and 25% Primitivo
- Production area: Salento in the area of Brindisi and Lecce.
- Soil type and training system: On middle mixture soils with the Apulian freestanding system.
- Plant density and yield: About 4000 plants per hectare. A yield of 60 to 70q per hectare.
- Vinification: Obtained from a blend of Negroamaro, Primitivo and Malvasia Nera grapes, planted in the traditional Alberello system. Vinification in red with thermo-controlling fermentation process. This wine is aged in barriques for 12 months, then aged in bottle.
- Sensory characteristics: Intense and complex fragrance. The persistence in barrique for a year gives it some intense spicy notes. The taste of this wine is dry, full and harmonious.
- Color: Ruby red with light orange reflections.
- Alcohol content: 14,5 % Vol.
- Acid: 5,6 g/l
- Residual sugar: 8,0 g/l
- Stopper: Natural cork
- How to serve: It is perfect for rich first courses, for second courses of meat, braised, roasts and game.
- Recommended serving temperature: Between 18 and 20°C (Room temperature).
- Allergens: Contains sulfites
- EAN (bottle): 8023909010057
- Scope of supply: 1 bottle of wine 0.75 liters
- Awards: Mundus Vini 2018: GOLD; Berliner Wein Trophy 2017: GOLD; Luca Maroni 2020: 93 Points
NEGROAMARO is a red grape that is grown mainly in the southern Italian region of Apulia. It produces powerful wines. In general, the yields are very low, but the quality of the wines benefit.
MALVASIA is a collective name for many white and red grape varieties. Most of these varieties are ancient Greek origin. For example, the famous Portuguese fortified wine Madeira is made from a variety Malvasia. As the wines from this variety - because of their heavy and sweet taste - have fallen somewhat out of fashion, is often used to refine other wines.
It has long been looking for the origin of the mainly in the USA famous grape ZINFANDEL. Finally, the mystery was solved in 1999. After DNA analyzes turned out that the PRIMITIVO grape variety is identical with the Zinfandel. Wines from the grape PRIMITIVO can safely be called high-quality wines. They have a high sugar content, which consequently leads to a relatively high alcohol content. Nevertheless, they maintain a harmonious taste.
Protection of minors: We deliver this article only to adults of unlimited legal capacity and reserve the right to demand appropriate proof of age. The data required for the order, such as name, address, etc., must be provided in full and truthfully.