FURIOSO Perricone Sicilia DOC 2017
"Furioso" Perricone Sicilia DOC 2017 / Assuli / Sicily
Red wine from Italy
The Furioso Perricone is an intense ruby red wine with purple reflections, the nose has an deep scent of red, ripe fruits, graphite and violets, the taste is dry with a beautiful harmony. The tannins are soft and ensure a long finish. Goes well with pasta with strong sauces, meat dishes and medium-aged cheeses.
- Vintage: 2017
- Ageing: Dry
- Country: Italy
- Region: Sicily
- Volume: 0,75 liters
- Producer and bottler: Assuli - Via Archi 9 - 91100 Trapani (TP) - Italia - +39 0923 547267
- Quality Designation: Denominazione di Origine Controllata (DOC)
- Grape: 100% Perricone from Mazara del Vallo (TP) in northwestern Sicily.
- Viticulture: The climate in Mazara del Vallo is ideal for viticulture and offers mild winters and breezy summers. The grapes grow on nutrient-rich, loamy soil with a pronounced lime content and balanced nitrogen deposits at an average height of 100 to 150 MAMSL. The wine is grown in a trellis education.
- Winemaking: Traditional fermentation of 25-30 days of maceration. Very gentle extraction by traditional pumping at a temperature of 26-28 ° C. The aging process takes place in large oak barrels and requires 12 months. This is followed by a 10-to-12-month bottle aging.
- Sensory characterization: Penetrating scent of red, ripe fruits, graphite, and violets. The taste is dry with a nice harmony. Aromas of blackberry, black currant, prunes, fig and dark chocolate. The tannins are soft and ensure a long finish.
- Color: Intense ruby red with purple reflections.
- Alcohol content: 13,5 % Vol.
- Residual sugar: 1,4 g/l
- Acidity: 4,6 g/l
- Stopper: Natural cork
- How to serve: This red wine goes well with pasta with strong sauces, meat dishes and medium-aged cheeses.
- Recommended serving temperature: Between 17 and 18°C
- Allergens: Contains sulfites
- Award: Gambero Rosso: 3 Glasses
- EAN (bottle): 8057741302124
- Scope of supply: 1 bottle of wine 0.75 liters
The red wine variety PERRICONE is actually only grown and processed into wine in Sicily. The vine produces soft, colourful, and alcoholic wines. Great care must be taken when growing as it is very susceptible to vine diseases.
Protection of minors: We deliver this article only to adults of unlimited legal capacity and reserve the right to demand appropriate proof of age. The data required for the order, such as name, address, etc., must be provided in full and truthfully.