Governo all’uso Toscano IGT 2016
Governo all’uso Toscano IGT 2016 / Rocca di Montemassi / Tuscany
Red wine from Italy
This country wine from Tuscany is a ruby red wine that is easy to drink. Made with the traditional “appassimento” method, notes of black pepper, spices and tobacco dominate the nose. The taste of the Governo all’Uso Toscano is semi-dry with hints of red plums, strawberries and figs. Clear acidity and soft tannins. The perfect accompaniment to all hearty dishes.
- Vintage: 2016
- Ageing: Medium dry
- Country: Italy
- Region: Tuscany (Toscana)
- Volume: 0,75 liters
- Producer and bottler: Tenuta Rocca di Montemassi - S.P. 91 Pian del Bichi - Roccastrada 58027 (GR) - Italia - +39 0564 579700
- Quality Designation: Indicazione Geografica Tipica (IGT)
- Grapes: 75% Sangiovese, 25% Merlot and other grape varieties.
- Winemaking: After a careful selection by hand, some grapes for this wine are dried on appropriate mats (called "fruttaio"). After three weeks, the drying condition is carefully checked and only the best grapes with a high sugar content are selected. In central Italian viticulture, this procedure is called "Appassimento". At the same time, the wine is aged in 60 hectolitre barrels made from Slavonian oak. Then the dried grapes are added, and the second fermentation process begins. This slow fermentation is a traditional method that has been rediscovered and is closely linked to the region: Governo all’uso Toscano.
- Sensory characteristics: Notes of black pepper, spices and tobacco dominate the nose. The taste of this red wine is semi-dry with hints of red plums, strawberries and figs. The "Appassimento" technique ensures that it has a distinct acidity. The soft tannins are clearly recognizable and give it character.
- Colour: Ruby red with garnet reflections.
- Alcohol content: 13,5% Vol.
- Stopper: Natural cork
- Serving suggestion: Excellent accompaniment to lasagne, cannelloni, and pasta dishes with strong sauces. Also, particularly good with rich dishes such as lamb or beef.
- Recommended serving temperature: Serve at 15-17°C.
- Allergen: Contains sulfites
- EAN (bottle): 8002235028110
- Scope of supply: 1 bottle of wine 0.75 liters
SANGIOVESE is a red grape. It is one of the most important and most common varieties in Italy and main ingredient of the famous Chianti. The vine has a long tradition and was already cultivated by the Etruscans. In the 20th century the best clones were selected and systematically propagated. A varietal Sangiovese is usually characterized by a strong color and distinctive structure of acid and strong tannins. The name SANGIOVESE is latin in origin and means "Jupiters blood" (Sanguis Giove).
The red grape MERLOT probably originates from France. It is an early variety, which produces fruity and full-bodied wines.
Protection of minors: We deliver this article only to adults of unlimited legal capacity and reserve the right to demand appropriate proof of age. The data required for the order, such as name, address, etc., must be provided in full and truthfully.