GRANÈE Gavi del Comune di Gavi DOCG 2020
"Granèe" Gavi del Comune di Gavi DOCG 2020 / Batasiolo / Piedmont
White wine from Italy
The winery Beni di Batasiolo of the Dogliani family is located in the town of La Morra, southwest of the famous truffle town of Alba in Piedmont. Here, in the Langhe, there are wines that have made this region famous all over the world. n 1978 the Dogliani acquired the historic Kiola winery and thereby secured the best locations for the Nebbiolo da Barolo.
The vigorous and early ripening Cortese grapes for the "Granée" Gavi del Comune di Gavi DOCG thrive in the municipality of Gavi between Alessandria and Genoa, where they find optimal conditions for an elegant wine. The Italian adjective "cortese" means "polite" or "agreeable" and already indicates what kind of wines are made from this old wine variety. The grapes are hand-picked in the second half of September. Separated from the stems, the grapes are then gently pressed. The fermentation takes place in stainless steel tanks, whereby the temperature is strictly controlled. The final aging and refinement on the yeasts also takes place in stainless steel tanks.
This pure Piedmontese white wine with a clear and brilliant straw yellow permeated by greenish reflections has an elegant and varietal bouquet with hints of fresh fruit and white flowers. On the palate it is dry, expressive, and refreshing. The balanced and harmonious body of the Granée has a pleasantly long bitter aftertaste that is reminiscent of almonds.
Chilled at around 6 to 8°C, the Gavi is ideal as an aperitif. Otherwise, it is an excellent accompaniment to starters, pasta, and risotto dishes. Its freshness pairs well with seafood, white meat main courses and recipes based on vegetables.
- Vintage: 2020
- Ageing: Dry
- Country: Italy
- Region: Piedmont
- Volume: 0,75 liters
- Producer and bottler: Beni di Batasiolo - Fr. Annunziata 87 - 12064 La Morra (CN) - Italia - +39 0173 50130
- Quality Designation: Denominazione di Origine Controllata e Garantita (DOCG)
- Grape: 100% Cortese
- Winemaking: The grapes are harvested by hand in the second half of September. Then they are carefully separated from the stems and gently pressed. The fermentation takes place in stainless steel tanks, the temperature is strictly controlled. Final aging on the yeasts in stainless steel tanks.
- Sensory characteristics: Elegant and varietal bouquet with hints of fresh fruit and white flowers. In the taste dry and refreshing. Balanced and harmonious with a pleasant bitter finish that is reminiscent of almonds.
- Color: Subtle straw yellow with greenish reflections.
- Alcohol content: 12,5 % Vol.
- Acid: 5,6 g/l
- Residual sugar: 3,1 g/l
- Stopper: Natural cork
- How to serve: The Gavi di Gavi is ideal as an aperitif. Great companion to appetizers, pasta and delicious risotto dishes, seafood and main courses of white meat. Very pleasant to recipes based on vegetables.
- Recommended serving temperature: Between 6 and 8°C.
- Allergens: Contains sulfites
- EAN (bottle): 8002820001184
- Scope of supply: 1 bottle of wine 0.75 liters
The grape variety CORTESE is grown mainly in the Piedmont region. It is a variety of strong growth that provides steady returns. Considered early ripening.
Protection of minors: We deliver this article only to adults of unlimited legal capacity and reserve the right to demand appropriate proof of age. The data required for the order, such as name, address, etc., must be provided in full and truthfully.