GRANÈE Gavi del Comune di Gavi DOCG 2021
"Granèe" Gavi del Comune di Gavi DOCG 2021 / Batasiolo / Piedmont
White wine from Italy
The Dogliani family's Beni di Batasiolo winery is located in the town of La Morra, southwest of the famous truffle town of Alba in Piedmont and is one of the largest wineries in the Langhe. Here, in the Langhe, wines thrive that have made this region famous all over the world. In 1978, the Dogliani acquired the historic Kiola winery, thereby securing the best locations for the Nebbiolo da Barolo. The Dogliani brothers then decided to give these various small wineries a new name, taking inspiration from the Batasiolo vineyard, where the nucleus of the historic winery is located. Thus, was born Beni di Batasiolo, the new winery surrounded by the rolling hills of the homonymous vineyard. In the old local dialect, the word "beni" means property or estate. The name Beni di Batasiolo thus contains an ancestral way of life of this area, which has its essence in the inseparable bond between the farmer and his vineyard.
The vigorous and early ripening Cortese grapes for the "Granée" Gavi del Comune di Gavi DOCG thrive within the municipality of Gavi between Alessandria and Genoa, where they find optimal conditions for an elegant wine. The Italian adjective "cortese" means "polite" or "accommodating" and already indicates what kind of wines are made from this old wine variety. In the territory surrounding the town of Gavi, the Cortese grape clearly plays the leading role. The granular soils have a very high number of fossils that come from the primeval Padano Sea. This is also the reason for the minimal geological differences between the various plots, which can then be perceived both in the nose and on the palate.
The Cortese grapes from the Gavi area are hand-picked in the second half of September. Separated from the stalks, the fruits are then crushed and gently pressed. Fermentation takes place in stainless steel tanks, with temperature strictly controlled. The final aging and refinement on the lees also take place in stainless steel tanks.
This original Piedmontese and varietal white wine with a clear and brilliant straw yellow streaked with greenish reflections has an elegant and varietal flowery bouquet with hints of fresh fruit and white flowers. Not too overpowering, but the scent is persistent. On the palate, the Batasiolo Granèe Gavi del Comune di Gavi DOCG is dry, expressive, and refreshing. The balanced and harmonious body of this Piedmontese white wine has a pleasantly long bitter aftertaste reminiscent of almonds.
Chilled at around 6 to 8°C, the Gavi from Beni di Batasiolo is ideal as an aperitif. Otherwise, it is an excellent accompaniment to appetizers, pasta and risotto dishes. Its freshness pairs well with seafood, white meat main courses and vegetable-based recipes.
- Vintage: 2021
- Ageing: Dry
- Country: Italy
- Region: Piedmont
- Volume: 0,75 liters
- Producer and bottler: Beni di Batasiolo - Fr. Annunziata 87 - 12064 La Morra (CN) - Italia - +39 0173 50130
- Quality Designation: Denominazione di Origine Controllata e Garantita (DOCG)
- Grape: 100% Cortese
- Winemaking: The grapes are harvested by hand in the second half of September. Then they are carefully separated from the stems and gently pressed. The fermentation takes place in stainless steel tanks, the temperature is strictly controlled. Final aging on the yeasts in stainless steel tanks.
- Sensory characteristics: Elegant and varietal bouquet with hints of fresh fruit and white flowers. In the taste dry and refreshing. Balanced and harmonious with a pleasant bitter finish that is reminiscent of almonds.
- Color: Subtle straw yellow with greenish reflections.
- Alcohol content: 12,5 % Vol.
- Acid: 5,6 g/l
- Residual sugar: 3,1 g/l
- Stopper: Natural cork
- How to serve: The Gavi di Gavi is ideal as an aperitif. Great companion to appetizers, pasta and delicious risotto dishes, seafood and main courses of white meat. Very pleasant to recipes based on vegetables.
- Recommended serving temperature: Between 6 and 8°C.
- Allergens: Contains sulfites
- EAN (bottle): 8002820001184
- Scope of supply: 1 bottle of wine 0.75 liters
The grape variety CORTESE is grown mainly in the Piedmont region. It is a variety of strong growth that provides steady returns. Considered early ripening.
Protection of minors: We deliver this article only to adults of unlimited legal capacity and reserve the right to demand appropriate proof of age. The data required for the order, such as name, address, etc., must be provided in full and truthfully.