Grillo Conchiglia (Trovati) DOC 2020
Grillo Conchiglia DOC 2020 / Cantina Trovati / Sicily
White wine from Italy
The Grillo (also known under the name Riddu) is the most recognized white grape in Sicily. Historically it was used to produce Marsala and Julius Caesar's favorite wine, Mamertino di Messina. Today the Grillo has its own character: semi-aromatic grape variety with the typical yellow orange color of the Sicilian sun, it is characterized by the high residual sugar level (22-30%). The notes of tropical fruits, passion fruit and grapefruit combine to create a fresh, crunchy wine with the typical Sicilian intense aroma.
- Vintage: 2020
- Ageing: Dry
- Country: Italy
- Region: Sicily
- Volume: 0,75 liters
- Producer and bottler: Cantina Trovati (Mezzacorona) - Via del Teroldego 1/E - 38016 Mezzocorona (TN) - Italia - +39 0461 616399
- Quality Designation: Denominazione di Origine Controllata (DOC)
- Grape: 100% Grillo. A varietal native to Sicily, the Grillo is the most famous white varietal on the island and was historically used for the production of Marsala.
- Production area: Acate, in the province of Ragusa. This variety prefers typically sandy terrain that is sloped and gets a lot of sunlight. The type of farming is "Espalier", used with an average density of planting where there are 4500 plants per 2.5 Acres.
- Vinification: Grillo. It is an average - to late varietal with maturity reached about the second week in September. The collection of the grapes, pressing, destemming is totally covered in the air (a method of vinification called "reduction"), the natural settling and fermentation take place at a controlled temperature of 18°C for 10 days. Maturation on the lees takes 5 months in steel tanks.
- Sensory characteristics: The aroma is distinctly tropical with notes of mango and papaya, that blends with inklings of jasmine and white flowers. The flavor is balanced and harmonious with a delicate acidity.
- Color: Deep straw yellow
- Alcohol content: 13 % Vol.
- Residual sugar: 4,5 g/l
- Acidity: 5,0 g/l
- Stopper: Pressed cork
- How to serve: Goes well with seafood, first course pasta dishes with vegetables, white meats and baked fish. The richness and the aromatic fragrance of the Grillo makes it the ideal wine to pair with a dish such as a veal carpaccio with celery and strawberries.
- Recommended serving temperature: Between 10 and 12°C
- Allergens: Contains sulfites
- EAN (bottle): 8032601682417
- Scope of supply: 1 bottle of wine 0.75 liters
The white grape variety GRILLO comes from Italy and is today mainly cultivated in Sicily. It comes from the region of Puglia and came to Sicily only after the phylloxera disaster of the 19th century, where it was first used in the famous dessert wine Marsala. Grillo produces pale yellow wines that are rich in alcohol and extract. It also has a slight tannin content. The indigenous grape variety Grillo is one of the most grown white grape varieties in Sicily. The grape harvest is subject to a very careful examination. Fermentation takes place under controlled temperature (18 ° C) for 10 days.
Protection of minors: We deliver this article only to adults of unlimited legal capacity and reserve the right to demand appropriate proof of age. The data required for the order, such as name, address, etc., must be provided in full and truthfully.