IL GRANDE SILENZIO Colline Teramane Montepulciano D’Abruzzo DOCG 2018
"Il grande silenzio" Colline Teramane Montepulciano D’Abruzzo DOCG 2018 / Fosso Corno / Abruzzo
Red wine from Italy
The origin of its name comes from the high peak of the Gran Sasso Mountain, which is also called Corno Grande (Big Horn). Il Grande is produced from 100% selected Montepulciano grapes, cultivated in the Fosso Corno Estate in Roseto Degli Abruzzi. The aim is to produce a special wine with a great structure and a delicate elegance, thanks to the Montepulciano grapes. After maceration, the wine is put in oak barrels of 500 lit. for about 12 months. Then it is kept bottled for 2-3 months before the release.
- Vintage: 2018
- Ageing: Dry
- Country: Italy
- Region: Abruzzo
- Volume: 0,75 liters
- Producer and bottler: Fosso Corno - Via Fosso Corno - 64026 Roseto degli Abruzzi (TE) - Italia - +39 045 6201154
- Quality Designation: Denominazione di Origine Controllata e Garantita (DOCG)
- Grape: 100% Montepulciano. Its name originally comes from the high peak of the imposing Gran Sasso mountain, which is also called “Corno Grande” (i.e. great horn). The “Il Grande” is made from 100% selected Montepulciano grapes from the Fosso Corno winery in Roseto Degli Abruzzi. With the Il Grande, Fosso Corno wants to produce a wine with a great structure and fine elegance.
- Winemaking: After fermentation, the wine is stored for 12 months in 500 Lt. large oak barrels and a further 2-3 months to age in the bottle before it goes on sale.
- Sensory characteristics: Its rich bouquet is soft, fragrant and reminiscent of plums and liquorice. The “Il Grande Silenzio” is a warm, round, velvety wine with a full body and personality.
- Color: Intense ruby red.
- Alcohol content: 14 % Vol.
- Residual sugar: 4,0 g/l
- Acidity: 5,0 g/l
- pH: 3,73
- Stopper: Natural cork
- How to serve: The “Il Grande Silenzio” goes very well with pasta dishes with meat sauce, roast and venison dishes, as well as cheese platters.
- Recommended serving temperature: Between 16 and 18°C.
- Allergens: Contains sulfites
- EAN (bottle): 8034125060054
- Scope of supply: 1 bottle of wine 0.75 liters
- Awards: JamesSuckling.com: 93 Points
MONTEPULCIANO is a red grape. The wine produced from grapes of this variety are vividly colored, traditional to fine-spicy and strong in alcohol content. Although they are easy to store, but also taste young very good.
BEWARE CONFUSION !!!
The varietal Montepulciano, which is grown only in the Abruzzo (must be!) has nothing to do with the Tuscan town of Montepulciano. Although the cultivated wine here is also delicious, but is made of the Sangiovese grape.
Protection of minors: We deliver this article only to adults of unlimited legal capacity and reserve the right to demand appropriate proof of age. The data required for the order, such as name, address, etc., must be provided in full and truthfully.