LORLANDO Riserva Nero d'Avola Sicilia DOC 2016
"Lorlando" Riserva Nero d'Avola Sicilia DOC 2016 / Assuli / Sicily
Red wine from Italy
This Sicilian goes through a 12-month aging process in French oak barrels and another 10 to 12 months in the bottle. The Lorlando Riserva Nero d´Avola is a ruby red wine with violet reflections. Intense aromas of ripe red fruits on the nose. On the palate a good balance, wonderful harmony and soft tannins.
- Vintage: 2016
- Ageing: Dry
- Country: Italy
- Region: Sicily
- Volume: 0,75 liters
- Producer and bottler: Assuli - Via Archi 9 - 91100 Trapani (TP) - Italia - +39 0923 547267
- Quality Designation: Denominazione di Origine Controllata (DOC)
- Grape: 100% Nero d'Avola from Mazara del Vallo (TP).
- Viticulture: The climate in Mazara del Vallo is ideal for viticulture and offers mild winters and breezy summers. The grapes grow on a medium-structured soil with a pebble skeleton and good mineral content at an average height of 100 to 150 MAMSL. The wine is grown in the spur cordon with medium to high plant density.
- Winemaking: The harvest takes place from mid to late September, depending on the vintage and ripeness of the grapes. This is followed by a gentle separation of the fruit from the stems and maceration for 25 to 30 days. Extraction by traditional pumping. The fermentation temperature is 26 to 28°C. After malolactic fermentation, 12-month aging process in French oak barrels. Bottle maturation process of another 10 to 12 months..
- Sensory characterization: Intense aromas of ripe red fruits on the nose. Dry on the palate with a good balance, excellent harmony and soft tannins.
- Color: Intense ruby red with purple nuances.
- Alcohol content: 14,5 % Vol.
- Residual sugar: 1,6 g/l
- Acidity: 5,2 g/l
- Stopper: Natural cork
- How to serve: Excellent with medium-aged cheese, Meat dishes and potatoes.
- Recommended serving temperature: Between 17 and 18°C
- Allergens: Contains sulfites
- EAN (bottle): 8057741302131
- Scope of supply: 1 bottle of wine 0.75 liters
NERO D'AVOLA is a high-quality indigenous grape variety of Sicilian origin, which is now widespread in southern Italy. Because of its excellent qualities, it is also called "Principe Siciliano" (Sicilian prince). The city of Avola lies between Syracuse and Noto. This variety is one of the traditional grape varieties of Sicily and is also known under the name "Calabrese", which may indicate the origin of the grape. The NERO D'AVOLA is rarely offered as pure wine - but if, as in our case, it is usually deep dark and concentrated, without the necessary acidity is missing - but often in blending with Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and Syrah.
Protection of minors: We deliver this article only to adults of unlimited legal capacity and reserve the right to demand appropriate proof of age. The data required for the order, such as name, address, etc., must be provided in full and truthfully.