MAYRO Montepulciano d'Abruzzo D.O.C. 2018
"Mayro" Montepulciano d'Abruzzo D.O.C. 2018 / Fosso Corno / Abruzzo
Red wine from Italy
The name “Mayro” comes from the latin word “mavrus”, which means black, dark, recalling the dark color of this wine. Mayro is produced from 100% selected Montepulciano grapes. The maceration lasts 10 days in steel fermenting vats, followed first by alcoholic and then by malolactic fermentation. The wine is then transferred into oak barrels of 15 hectolitres for a period of about 6-8 months. Then it is kept bottled for 2-3 months before being released. Delicate aromas of plum and cherries on the nose, full-bodied in the mouth with a long intense aftertaste.
- Vintage: 2018
- Ageing: Dry
- Country: Italy
- Region: Abruzzo
- Volume: 0,75 liters
- Producer and bottler: Fosso Corno - Via Fosso Corno - 64026 Roseto degli Abruzzi (TE) - Italia - +39 045 6201154
- Quality Designation: Denominazione di Origine Controllata (D.O.C.)
- Grape: 100% Montepulciano from Roseto degli Abruzzi. The name "Mayro" comes from the latin word "mavrus", which means black, dark, recalling the dark color of this wine. The Fosso Corno Estate is located in Roseto degli Abruzzi and covers 30 hectares on a single hill, facing the Adriatic Sea. The vineyards from which they produce Mayro are distinguished by the special attention which is dedicated to the pruning. The aim is to limit fruit production and create ideal conditions for air to circulate around the productive layer of the vines. The ideal conditions essential conditions for ensuring perfect ripening of the Montepulciano grapes.
- Production: The harvest takes place in the period from the end of September to the mid of October. Maceration for a maximum of ten days, in steel fermenting vats, followed first by alcoholic and then malolactic fermentation. The wine is then moved in oak barrels for a period of about 6-8 months. Then it stays in bottle for 2-3 months before the release.
- Sensory characteristics: Delicate aromas of plum and cherries on the nose, full-bodied in the mouth, with a long flavorful finish.
- Color: Deep ruby red with violet tints.
- Alcohol content: 13 % Vol.
- Residual sugar: 6,3 g/l
- Acidity: 4,9 g/l
- Stopper: Natural cork
- How to serve: This wine goes with pasta with meat sauces, roasted red meat, chicken and rabbit chasseur.
- Recommended serving temperature: Around 18°C.
- Allergens: Contains sulfites
- EAN (bottle): 8034125060023
- Scope of supply: 1 bottle of wine 0.75 liters
MONTEPULCIANO is a red grape. The wine produced from grapes of this variety are vividly colored, traditional to fine-spicy and strong in alcohol content. Although they are easy to store, but also taste young very good.
BEWARE CONFUSION !!!
The varietal Montepulciano, which is grown only in the Abruzzo (must be!) has nothing to do with the Tuscan town of Montepulciano. Although the cultivated wine here is also delicious, but is made of the Sangiovese grape.
Protection of minors: We deliver this article only to adults of unlimited legal capacity and reserve the right to demand appropriate proof of age. The data required for the order, such as name, address, etc., must be provided in full and truthfully.