“Mervin” Sauvignon Blanc Südtirol D.O.C. 2017
“Mervin” Sauvignon Blanc Südtirol D.O.C. 2017 / Cantina Meran / South-Tirol
White wine from Italy
Some of the pioneering wine makers on the sun-kissed east-facing slopes 500 m above sea level around Lebenberg Castle, which overlooks the village of Cermes, discovered early on how to plant vines from the primitive rock of France. The credo was, and still remains: “only the best Sauvignon Blanc clones in the best locations with low yields”. Morning sunshine, downslope winds, plus a shale and quartz-rich soil provide the ideal conditions for a minerally, delicate and fiery white wine with a pleasing acidity structure. The unique palate feel is rounded off by a discreet hint of wood.
- Vintage: 2017
- Ageing: Dry
- Country: Italy
- Region: South-Tirol
- Volume: 0,75 liters
- Producer and bottler: Kellerei Meran Burggräfler Gen. Landw. Ges. - Via Cantina 9 - 39020 Marlengo (BZ) - Italia - +39 0473 447137
- Quality Designation: Denominazione di Origine Controllata (D.O.C.)
- Grape: 100% Sauvignon Blanc
- Winemaking: The grapes for this wine are grown near Tscherms on humus, slightly loamy sand and easily permeable moraine rubble. The alcoholic fermentation at a controlled temperature in steel and wooden barrels is preceded by cold maceration of 12 hours. It is stored in the barrel on the lees for five months.
- Sensory characteristics: The nose shows notes of elderflower, tomato leaves and gooseberries. Very elegant, classy wine with a fine, long finish.
- Color: Yellow tending towards green.
- Alcohol content: 13,5 % Vol.
- Residual sugar: 2,5 g/l
- Acidity: 5,8 g/l
- Stopper: Natural cork
- How to serve: Goes very well with asparagus, grilled vegetables, fish, and goat cheese.
- Recommended serving temperature: Between 12 and 14°C.
- Allergens: Contains sulfites
- EAN (bottle): 8028677482013
- Scope of supply: 1 bottle of wine 0.75 liters
Sauvignon Blanc, also known as Blanc Fumé, or Sauvignon Jaune, is a white wine variety that is distributed worldwide. Sauvignon Blanc produces excellent wines, especially in north-eastern Italy. Specimens from Friuli and South Tyrol in particular are very fine and fruity. In total, the cultivation of the grape variety is recommended in 32 provinces and approved in a further 26 provinces.
Protection of minors: We deliver this article only to adults of unlimited legal capacity and reserve the right to demand appropriate proof of age. The data required for the order, such as name, address, etc., must be provided in full and truthfully.