ORSUS RISERVA del Fondatore Montepulciano d'Abruzzo DOCG Colline Teramane 2016
"Orsus" Riserva del Fondatore Montepulciano d'Abruzzo DOCG Colline Teramane 2016 / Fosso Corno / Abruzzo
Red wine from Italy
This special RISERVA is made of 100% Montepulciano d'Abruzzo DOCG grapes. The harvest takes place 20 days later than usual, so that grapes dry on the vine itself. After the fermentation, the “ORSUS RISERVA” relaxes 18 -24 months in French oak barrels of 15 hl. and it then rests 12 months in steel tanks before being bottled. The Orsus Riserva has a deep ruby color, a full-body and a rich bouquet. Its long-lasting taste recalls notes of ripe plums and liquorice. The texture of this special Riserva is well-balanced and elegant.
- Vintage: 2016
- Ageing: Dry
- Country: Italy
- Region: Abruzzo
- Volume: 0,75 liters
Fosso Corno - Orsus project
- Producer and bottler: Fosso Corno - Via Fosso Corno - 64026 Roseto degli Abruzzi (TE) - Italia - +39 045 6201154
- Quality Designation: Denominazione di Origine Controllata e Garantita (DOCG)
- Grape: 100% Montepulciano
- Area of production: The grapes come from Fosso Corno, a 30 ha. estate on a single hill located in Roseto degli Abruzzi - Contrada Cologna, in the heart of the Montepulciano DOCG production area. The vineyard has a very low yield per ha.
- Harvest: The harvest takes place 20 days later than usual, so that the grapes dry on the vine itself.
- Vinification: After a 14-days fermentation with skin-contact, the most relaxes in steel tanks. The red vinification is followed by an accurate ageing process. Before the release on the market, this wine relaxes in french oak barrels with a capacity of 15 hl. for 18-24 month and it then rests 12 month in steel tanks before bottling.
- Sensory characteristics: This "Orsus" has a full body and a rich bouquet. Its long-lasting taste recalls notes of ripe plums and liquorice. The texture of this Riserva is well-balanced and elegant.
- Color: Deep ruby red
- Alcohol content: 13,5 % Vol.
- Residual sugar: 0,3 g/l
- Acidity: 4,9 g/l
- Stopper: Natural cork
- How to serve: This wine is a good companion to matured cheese and savory red meats such as game, lamb and roasts.
- Recommended serving temperature: Between 18 and 20°C.
- Allergens: Contains sulfites
- Awards: JamesSuckling.com: 93 Points; VINI BUONI D’ITALIA 2021 – Touring Club Italiano: 4 Stars
- EAN (bottle): 8034125060122
- Scope of supply: 1 bottle of wine 0.75 liters
MONTEPULCIANO is a red grape. The wine produced from grapes of this variety are vividly colored, traditional to fine-spicy and strong in alcohol content. Although they are easy to store, but also taste young very good.
Protection of minors: We deliver this article only to adults of unlimited legal capacity and reserve the right to demand appropriate proof of age. The data required for the order, such as name, address, etc., must be provided in full and truthfully.