OSO Rosso Toscana I.G.T. 2016
"Oso" Rosso Toscana I.G.T. 2016 / Castello di Albola / Tuscany
Red wine from Italy
From historical Castello d’Albola in the heart of Tuscany comes OSO, - “I dare” in Italian. This seductive blend of Sangiovese, Merlot and Syrah dares to defy the Castello traditions. OSO offers a fresh and vibrant style where fruity aromas of juicy black cherries and luscious blackberries marry with sweet, spicy notes ending in a silky finish. A perfect match for grilled meats, ribs and if you dare, chocolate!
- Vintage: 2016
- Ageing: Dry
- Country: Italy
- Region: Tuscany
- Volume: 0,75 liters
- Producer and bottler: Castello d'Albola - Via Pian d’Albola, 31 - 53017 Radda in Chianti (Siena) - Italia - +39 0577 738019
- Quality Designation: Indicazione Geografica Tipica (I.G.T.)
- Grape: 60% Sangiovese, 20% Merlot und 20% Syrah.
- Production: The must, pressed from fully ripe grapes, is vinified in vertical fermenting devices for about 10 days at a temperature of 28°C. Malolactic fermentation follows, after which the wine is racked into hectoliter (1,579 gallon) french oak barrels for 12 months to mature.
- Sensory characteristics: The bouquet shows fruity aromas, particularly notes of cherries, plums and blackberries. The flavor is dry, fresh and full-bodied. Tasty and balanced. This wine has a fruity finish and aftertaste.
- Color: Intense ruby red
- Alcohol content: 13,5 % Vol.
- Stopper: Natural cork
- How to serve: A perfect match for grilled red meats and moderately aged Pecorino cheese, ribs and, if you dare, chocolate.
- Recommended serving temperature: Between 16 and 18°C.
- Allergens: Contains sulfites
- EAN (bottle): 8002235027953
- Scope of supply: 1 bottle of wine 0.75 liters
SANGIOVESE is a red grape. It is one of the most important and most common varieties in Italy and main ingredient of the famous Chianti. The vine has a long tradition and was already cultivated by the Etruscans. In the 20th century the best clones were selected and systematically propagated. A varietal Sangiovese is usually characterized by a strong color and distinctive structure of acid and strong tannins. The name SANGIOVESE is latin-latin in origin and means "Jupiters blood" (Sanguis Giove).
The red grape MERLOT probably originates from France. It is an early variety, fruity, full-bodied and produces full-bodied wines.
SYRAH is a low-yield but high-quality red grape originally from the Middle East, but famous for its widespread cultivation in France. The vine has become so important and is so sought after that it has moved up into the nobility of the wine world and is referred to as a noble vine.
Protection of minors: We deliver this article only to adults of unlimited legal capacity and reserve the right to demand appropriate proof of age. The data required for the order, such as name, address, etc., must be provided in full and truthfully.