Pinot Grigio Riserva Trentino D.O.C. 2018
Pinot Grigio Riserva Trentino D.O.C. 2018 / Mezzacorona / Trentino
White wine from Italy
The Pinot Grigio Riserva Trentino DOC 2017 is a Trentino white wine made from 100% Pinot Grigio grapes. After fermentation, the wine first matures in steel barrels and in the second phase in oak barrels. The wine is slightly yellow. Its bouquet is complex with notes of well-ripened fruit. The taste is harmonious, elegant, with a good structure. It goes very well with gratins, polenta and white meat dishes, but also with various pasta dishes with mushroom sauces.
- Vintage: 2018
- Ageing: Dry
- Country: Italy
- Region: Trentino
- Volume: 0,75 liters
- Producer and bottler: Mezzacorona/NOSIO SPA - Via del Teroldego 1/E - 38016 Mezzocorona (TN) - Italia - +39 0461 616399
- Quality Designation: Denominazione di Origine Controllata (D.O.C.)
- Grape: 100% Pinot Grigio. The Pinot Grigio is grown for a long time in the Adige Valley, where it is also called by the name "Ruländer". The shape of the grapes and their gray reddish color reveal the close relationship with the Pinot Nero, from which apparently it is derived. It is grown both in the valley, as well as on low hills. The grapes for the Pinot Grigio Riserva are grown in the typical vineyard for this kind of wine: the so-called "Zablani", which is located in the north-east of Mezzacorona on a good drained alluvial, all the Teroldego vineyards similar.
- Winemaking: The grapes are hand-picked and delivered within a few hours to the winery where they are selected and pressed. This is followed by cold maceration and a gentle mashing. First, the wine is cooled and clarified overnight. The following day, the clear must is racked and mixed with yeast; it starts the fermentation at a controlled temperature (16 - 18°C), which last between 12 and 15 days. The Pinot Grigio ferments in parts (40%) in steel tanks and 60% in oak barrels, which will give the wine its delicate and spicy notes. After fermentation, the wine remains for 6 to 8 months in oak barrels. During this time, the so-called "batonage" is carried out (i.e., agitation of the yeast slurry). Between the 10th and 11th month the wine from the steel tanks will be mixed with the wine from the oak barrels. Here is the mature wine with the typical vanilla note on the one hand and the fruity and aromatic characteristics of the Pinot Grigio on the other hand.
- Sensory characteristics: Complex bouquet with notes of ripe fruit (white peach, pear and mature chamomile), that intermingles with the sweetish oak tone. Dry and elegant taste. Harmonious, fine with a fresh crispy endnote.
- Color: Light yellow
- Alcohol content: 13% % Vol.
- Residual sugar: 4,5 g/l
- Acidity: 5,0 g/l
- Stopper: Natural cork
- How to serve: This Pinot Grigio Riserva fits excellent to au gratin dishes, polenta and white meat. Particularly suitable for tagliatelle with mushrooms.
- Recommended serving temperature: Between 10 and 12°C.
- Allergens: Contains sulfites
- EAN (bottle): 8004305000194
- Scope of supply: 1 bottle of wine 0.75 liters
The PINOT GRIGIO grape variety has been grown in the Adige Valley for a long time, where it is also known as the Ruländer. The shape of the grapes and their gray-red color reveal their close relationship with the Pinot Nero from which they seem to come. It is grown both in the valley and on low hills. The grapes for the PINOT GRIGIO RISERVA are grown in the most typical vineyard: the so-called "Zablani" vineyard, which lies north-east of Mezzocorona on a well-drained alluvial soil, very similar to the Teroldego vineyards. The PINOT GRIGIO is also known as Pinot Gris. It delivers low-acid grapes that are full of body and extract and often gray.
Protection of minors: We deliver this article only to adults of unlimited legal capacity and reserve the right to demand appropriate proof of age. The data required for the order, such as name, address, etc., must be provided in full and truthfully.