POSTA VECCHIA Rosso Salento IGP 2017
"Posta Vecchia" Rosso Salento IGP 2017 / San Donaci / Apulia
Red wine from Italy
This red wine is named after the old post office in the village of San Donaci, on the road between Brindisi and Taranto. Always a lively meeting point and transit point for mail, people and the latest news and gossip, people met here who fortified themselves with regional dishes and wine for their onward journey. The sincerity and humility of these moments is revived by a very special blend of Negroamaro, Cabernet and Syrah. The Posta Vecchia is harmonious and pleasant, just as it was in the times of the old post office.
- Vintage: 2017
- Ageing: Dry
- Country: Italy
- Region: Apulia
- Volume: 0,75 liters
- Producer and bottler: Cantina San Donaci - Via Mesagne 62 - 72025 San Donaci (Brindisi) - Italia - +39 0831 681005
- Quality Designation: Indicazione Geografica Protetta (IGP)
- Grape: 50% Negroamaro, 25% Cabernet and 25% Syrah.
- Production area: The growing areas of the grapes for this wine are in Salento in the provinces of Brindisi and Lecce.
- Soil type and training system: The soils consist mainly of calcareous clay and the vines are laid out in the spur cordon.
- Plant density and yield: Around 4000 to 5000 plants per hectare. A yield of 120 to 130 quintals per hectare.
- Vinification: After a careful harvest, a traditional red wine fermentation (maceration on the skins) takes place for about three days at a controlled temperature. The wine is then stored in oak barrels for about 6 months. After the passage in the barrique, the refinement continues in the bottle.
- Sensory characteristics: The nose shows fruity notes of blueberries, red currants, and black cherries in alcohol in the foreground. In the background cinnamon, vanilla, cloves, and pepper. Pronounced balsamic note. Dry and full-bodied on the palate with a subtle roasted aroma. Penetrating with sweet and soft tannins. Velvety and round.
- Color: Red tending to garnet.
- Alcohol content: 14,0 % Vol.
- Acid: 7,2 g/l
- Residual sugar: 12,7 g/l
- Stopper: Natural cork
- How to serve: This wine goes perfectly with juicy first courses and second courses based on meat, braised roasts, and game.
- Recommended serving temperature: 16 and 18°C
- Allergens: Contains sulfites
- EAN (bottle): 8023909011030
- Scope of supply: 1 bottle of wine 0.75 liters
- Awards: Luca Maroni 2020: 95 Points
NEGROAMARO is a red grape that is grown mainly in the southern Italian region of Apulia. It produces powerful wines. In general, the yields are very low, but the quality of the wines benefit.
Up until the present day, this grape variety has hardly been able to establish itself in Italy. This is surprising, because in its youth the wine from the Cabernet Sauvignon grape is fruity, rough, and tannic with a strong "nose". Accordingly, actually a perfect basis for a Blend. The distinguishing features of CABERNET Sauvignon are the grape smell of black currants (cassis), which is partly accompanied by the smell of cedar wood, and the deep dark color of the wines. In addition, the wines always have a concentrated fruit taste with a supporting structure of tannins and acids.
SYRAH is a low yield but high-quality red grape originally from the Middle East, but famous for its widespread cultivation in France. The vine has become so important and is so sought after that it has moved up into the nobility of the wine world and is referred to as a noble vine.
Protection of minors: We deliver this article only to adults of unlimited legal capacity and reserve the right to demand appropriate proof of age. The data required for the order, such as name, address, etc., must be provided in full and truthfully.