Prosecco Rosé Millesimato Brut DOC 2020
Prosecco Rosé Millesimato Brut DOC 2020 / Le Manzane / Veneto
Sparkling wine from Italy
Founded in the mid-20th century in San Pietri di Faletto, in the Valdobbiadene area, the Le Manzane agricultural company is a family business that has existed for three generations and whose tradition is perpetuated thanks to the passion for wine but also the love for the land. The company mainly produces Prosecco in different varieties.
The Glera is a white grape variety that grows only in north-eastern Italy, in a small region of the province of Treviso in Veneto. This grape variety is mainly used to make sparkling wine, but sometimes also normal wine. The grape variety Glera was already known in ancient times as vinum Puclnum and was extremely popular. The red wine variety Pinot Nero is an important grape variety that is considered to be of high quality. In other wine-growing regions it is also called Pinot Noir or Pinot Noir. As a fun fact, this grape variety is an important blending partner for champagne production.
Combined in the right mixing ratio, the wines from these two grape varieties result in a wonderful Prosecco Rosé. Of course, it must first be made into a sparkling wine using the Méthode Charmat (Italian: Metodo Martinotti). On May 20, 2020, the wine committee of the Ministry of Agriculture in Rome approved the introduction of the typology DOC Rosé. The Prosecco DOC Rosé is made from the blend of the main variety Glera with at least 10 to a maximum of 15 percent Pinot Nero, the only red variety permitted in the regulations. The sparkling must last at least two months, twice as long as for white Prosecco DOC. The wines are classified as "brut nature", "brut" and "extra dry" and appear as millesimato (dated by vintage).
Immediately after the manual harvest of the grapes, they are transported to the winery, gently pressed and fermented at a controlled temperature of 13°C in stainless steel vats. Then the alcoholic fermentation begins at a temperature of 18°C. Subsequent racking and aging in steel for two months. Then a second fermentation is started in the autoclave for about 30 days at about 14-15°C and further refinement for another month in the autoclave. After the final filtration, the Prosecco is bottled. This is followed by at least thirty days of aging in the bottle, which gives this sparkling wine its final touch.
With its invigorating and stimulating perlage, the Prosecco Rosé Millesimato Brut delights the nose with a fruity aroma that brings a light hint of wild berries. The taste of this Prosecco is dry, fresh and tingles on the tongue. Its aftertaste is slightly bitter.
At a well-chilled optimum drinking temperature of around 6 to 8°C, Le Manzane Prosecco is ideal as an aperitif. Also an excellent accompaniment to light pasta dishes, soups, seafood, cream cheeses and white meat. The summer can come!
- Vintage: 2020
- Ageing: Typical Brut taste
- Country: Italy
- Region: Veneto
- Volume: 0,75 liters
- Manufacturer and bottler: Le Manzane - Via Maset 47/B - 31020 S.Pietro di Feletto (TV) - Italia - +39 0438 486606
- Quality Designation: Denominazione di Origine Controllata (DOC)
- Grapes: 85% Glera and 15% Pinot Nero.
- Vineyards and type of soil: The vineyards are located at an altitude of up to 200 meters above sea level and are planted on medium-heavy soils tending towards clay.
- Winemaking and maturation: Immediately after delivery, the grapes are gently pressed and fermented at a controlled temperature of 13°C in stainless steel tanks. Then the alcoholic fermentation begins at a temperature of 18°C. Subsequent racking and aging in steel for 2 months. Zweite Gärung im Autoklaven für etwa 30 Tage bei etwa 14 bis 15°C und eine weitere Verfeinerung für einen weiteren Monat im Autoklaven. Finally, it comes to filtration and bottling. Bottle aging for at least thirty days gives this Prosecco its final touch.
- Sensory characteristics: Invigorating and stimulating perlage. Fruity aroma with a light hint of wild berries. Dry, fresh taste with a slightly bitter aftertaste.
- Color: Light pink.
- Alcohol content: 11,5 % Vol.
- Residual sugar: 10 to 12 g/l
- Acidity: 6,0 g/l
- Stopper: Sparkling wine cork
- How to serve: Excellent as an aperitif. Outstanding accompaniment to light pasta dishes, soups, seafood, cream cheeses, and white meats.
- Recommended serving temperature: Between 6 and 8°C.
- Allergens: Contains sulfites
- EAN (bottle): 8033040890661
- Scope of delivery: 1 bottle of sparkling wine 0.75 liters
The GLERA (PROSECCO) is a white grape variety that grows only in northeastern Italy in a small region of the province of Treviso in Veneto. Mainly semi-sparkling, sparkling wines, but also "normal" wine is made from it. The Prosecco was already known in antiquity as Vinum Puclnum and extremely popular.
The red grape variety PINOT NERO is an important grape variety that is known to be of high quality. In other wine-growing areas it is also called Blauburgunder or Schwarzburgunder or Pinot Noir. A fun fact is that this grape variety is an important blending partner for champagne production.
Protection of minors: We deliver this article only to adults of unlimited legal capacity and reserve the right to demand appropriate proof of age. The data required for the order, such as name, address, etc., must be provided in full and truthfully.