SASSABRUNA Rosso Maremma Toscano DOC 2018
"Sassabruna" Rosso Maremma Toscano DOC 2018 / Rocca di Montemassi / Tuscany
Red wine from Italy
The "Sassabruna" Rosso Maremma Toscana DOC is a “super Tuscan” at a phenomenal price-performance ratio. A red wine produced by the Rocca di Montemassi winery, which is owned by the famous Italian winemaker family Zonin. Mainly consisting of the grape varieties Sangiovese, Merlot and Syrah, the "Sassabruna" captivates with its ruby red color and has a generous and complex bouquet. The taste is dry, full-bodied, and complex. In summary, an opulent wine that goes very well with rich dishes.
- Vintage: 2018
- Ageing: Dry
- Country: Italy
- Region: Tuscany (Toscana)
- Volume: 0,75 liters
- Producer and bottler: Tenuta Rocca di Montemassi - S.P. 91 Pian del Bichi - Roccastrada 58027 (GR) - Italia - +39 0564 579700
- Quality Designation: Denominazione di Origine Controllata (DOC)
- Grapes: 60% Sangiovese, 30% Syrah and10% Merlot.
- Planting density: 4.400 sticks per hectare.
- Grape yield: 7,5 tons per hectare.
- Winemaking: The must obtained from grapes harvested when fully ripe is vinified in vertical fermenting devices for about 20 days at a temperature of 28° C., followed by malolactic fermentation. Afterward, the wine ages in 350-liter (92 gallons) French oak barrels for 12 months, followed by further fining of four months in the bottle.
- Sensory characteristics: Rich and complex bouquet with up-front notes of ripe red fruit and wild berries accompanied by scents of spices and licorice. Full-bodied, dry and encompassing flavor, with a persistent and slightly spicy finish.
- Colour: Highly intense ruby red.
- Alcohol content: 14% Vol.
- Stopper: Natural cork
- Serving suggestion: This full-bodied wine combines superbly with dishes of the Tuscan tradition: pappardelle con sugo di cinghiale (wide noodles with wild boar sauce), bistecca fiorentina (grilled steak), roast game and hard savoury cheeses.
- Recommended serving temperature: Between 16 and 18°C.
- Allergen: Contains sulfites
- Award: JamesSuckling.com: 92 Points
- EAN (bottle): 8002235022453
- Scope of supply: 1 bottle of wine 0.75 liters
SANGIOVESE is a red grape. It is one of the most important and most common varieties in Italy and main ingredient of the famous Chianti. The vine has a long tradition and was already cultivated by the Etruscans. In the 20th century the best clones were selected and systematically propagated. A varietal Sangiovese is usually characterized by a strong color and distinctive structure of acid and strong tannins. The name SANGIOVESE is latin in origin and means "Jupiters blood" (Sanguis Giove).
SYRAH is a low-yield but high-quality red grape originally from the Middle East, but famous for its widespread cultivation in France. The vine has become so important and is so sought after that it has moved up into the nobility of the wine world and is referred to as a noble vine.
The red grape MERLOT probably originates from France. It is an early variety, which produces fruity and full-bodied wines.
Protection of minors: We deliver this article only to adults of unlimited legal capacity and reserve the right to demand appropriate proof of age. The data required for the order, such as name, address, etc., must be provided in full and truthfully.