SINCE 1974 Primitivo di Manduria DOP 2017
"Since 1974" Primitivo di Manduria DOP 2017 / Tenuta Eméra / Apulia
Red wine from Italy
Deep red wine made from the Primitivo grape. Wonderful multi-faceted bouquet of red fruits, followed by spicy notes of tobacco and cedarwood; full-bodied, round, warm, perfectly integrated tannins, long-lasting. Ideal as a meditation wine.
- Vintage: 2017
- Ageing: Dry
- Country: Italy
- Region: Apulia
- Volume: 0,75 liters
- Producer and bottler: Tenuta Eméra – Since 1974 - Contrada Porvica - 74123 Lizzano (TA) – Italia - +39 340 861 0770
- Quality Designation: Denominazione di Origine Protetta (DOP)
- Grape: 100% Primitivo (also called Zinfandel in other parts of the world).
- Production: The grapes for this excellent Primitivo are grown in the town of Carosino in the province of Taranto at an altitude of 200m above sea level. The soils are clayey, and vinification takes place through traditional red wine making. After completion, the aging takes place in French oak barrels for one year.
- Sensory characteristics: Wonderfully multi-faceted bouquet of red fruits, followed by spicy notes of tobacco and cedar-wood. Dry, full-bodied, round, warm and excellently integrated tannins on the palate. Very long finale
- Color: Deep ruby red.
- Alcohol content: 15,0 % Vol.
- Residual sugar: 13,0 g/l
- Total acid: 5,5 g/l
- Stopper: Natural cork
- How to serve: Goes well with game dishes, roasts, grilled meat, lamb and aged cheese. This wine is also excellent "just like that" because it leads to real "taste explosions" in the mouth.
- Recommended serving temperature: Between 14 and 16°C. We recommend to open this wine at least 1 hour before serving.
- Allergens: Contains sulfites
- EAN (bottle): 8034094891239
- Scope of supply: 1 bottle of wine 0.75 liters
It has long been looking for the origin of the mainly in the USA famous grape ZINFANDEL. Finally, the mystery was solved in 1999. After DNA analyzes turned out that the PRIMITIVO grape variety is identical with the Zinfandel. Wines from the grape PRIMITIVO can safely be called high-quality wines. They have a high sugar content, which consequently leads to a relatively high alcohol content. Nevertheless, they maintain a harmonious taste.
Protection of minors: We deliver this article only to adults of unlimited legal capacity and reserve the right to demand appropriate proof of age. The data required for the order, such as name, address, etc., must be provided in full and truthfully.