SORÌ DEI MORI Barbera d'Asti DOCG 2019
"Sorì dei Mori" Barbera d'Asti DOCG 2019 / Vinchio Vaglio / Piedmont
Red wine from Italy
The Barbera vine is the one that most characterizes this cooperative: the soils of the hills of Vinchio, Vaglio and the neighboring villages are calcareous, neutral, or sub-alkaline and therefore optimal for growing this vine. The high quality of Barbera wine is in some ways the symbol of the winery. The members pride themselves on this quality and are aware of the great effort that will be required to achieve it. In the wine cellar, the grapes delivered are selected based on their sugar and polyphenol content. This Barbera has a ruby red color that tends to turn garnet red with age. It is robust, with a good structure, and has an intense fruity aroma and a dry and harmonious taste.
- Vintage: 2019
- Ageing: Dry
- Country: Italy
- Region: Piedmont
- Volume: 0,75 liter
- Producer and bottler: Vinchio Vaglio - Regione San Pancrazio 1 - 14040 Vinchio (AT) - Italia - +39 0141 950903
- Quality Designation: Denominazione di Origine Controllata e Garantita (DOCG)
- Grape: 100% Barbera
- Winemaking: First, the grapes delivered are selected for their sugar and polyhydric phenol content. Then the stems are removed and the grapes are pressed. The maceration process takes place at controlled temperature in programmable machines.
- Sensory characteristics: This barbera is a strong wine. Characteristic Barbera taste with a good body. It has a very fruity bouquet and a balanced dry taste.
- Color: Ruby red with a tendency to garnet.
- Alcohol content: 13,50 % Vol.
- Residual sugar: 1,30 g/l
- Total acidity: 5,81 g/l
- Stopper: Natural cork
- How to serve: Very good companion of rich starters. It also goes well with meat dishes such as braised meat, roasts and game. It is also well suited to all ripe and savory cheeses.
- Recommended serving temperature: Between 18 and 20°C.
- Allergens: Contains sulfites
- Awards: Slow Wine Guida 2021: Mention; Gambero Rosso 2021: 2 Glasses; Luca Maroni 2021: 92 Points; Bibenda 2021: 3 Bunches of grapes; Merum: 1 Heart; Gilbert & Gaillard 2021: Gold
- EAN (bottle): 8030227000127
- Scope of supply: 1 bottle of wine 0.75 liters
BARBERA is a red grape variety from Piedmont in northwestern Italy and a high quality grape. It is one of the most important and common Italian varietals. The Barbera was already famous in the 13th century. Even then, the still significant growing region Monferrato was famous for this variety. The wines are considered powerful, with pronounced plum flavors, low tannin with full "body" and a deep-ruby color.
Protection of minors: We deliver this article only to adults of unlimited legal capacity and reserve the right to demand appropriate proof of age. The data required for the order, such as name, address, etc., must be provided in full and truthfully.