SORÌ DEI MORI Barbera d'Asti DOCG 2020
9.00 €(1 l = 12.00 €)
"Sorì dei Mori" Barbera d'Asti DOCG 2020 / Vinchio Vaglio / Piedmont
Red wine from Italy
The Vinchio Vaglio wine cooperative is based in the picturesque village of Vinchio between the famous cities of Asti and Alba in Piedmont in northern Italy. The areas of Vinchio and Vaglio Serra in Piedmont have always been considered the best to produce the Barbera grape. The soils of the hills of Vinchio, Vaglio and the neighbouring villages are calcareous, neutral, or sub-alkaline and therefore ideal for growing this vine. Thus, the centre for the production of Barbera wines developed here.
The Barbera is a characterful and high-quality red grape variety from Piedmont, which is not particularly well known in the rest of Europe. Nevertheless, it is one of the most important, oldest, and most common Italian grape varieties. Sources tell of the Barbera as early as the 13th century and refer to the Monferrato growing area, which is still known today.
The "Sorì dei Mori" Barbera d’Asti DOCG is perhaps that wine that perfectly represents the union of quality, drinkability, and identity with the production area, which is part of the core area of the UNSECO world cultural heritage.
The manual harvest always takes place in the early morning hours of the third decade of September and the grapes are transported to the wine cellar as quickly as possible to prepare the still fresh grapes under optimal conditions for the initial phase of the winemaking process. The vinification begins with the destemming and crushing of the grapes and the must is transferred to temperature-controlled fermenters. Here the alcoholic fermentation begins with maceration for about six days at a temperature of about 24 to 25°C, which ensures that the aromas from the vine are optimally extracted. During the maceration, pumping is carried out periodically in order to pull out the polyphenolic substances that are present in the peel. When the alcoholic fermentation is complete, the malolactic fermentation is started immediately in stainless steel tanks at a temperature of 18°C. After decanting, which is necessary for proper clarification, the wine rests in concrete tanks for about six months until bottling. Before it hits the market, this Barbera gets its finishing touches in its bottle.
The "Sorì dei Mori" by Vinchio Vaglio appears in a ruby red with violet reflections. First of all, the aromas of peony, violets and wildflowers typical of the variety are perceived on the nose. And now you are already being prepared for its intense fruitiness. And yes, the olfactory senses were not lying, because on the palate this red wine is fruity, fresh, dry, enveloping, spicy, full-bodied, and balanced. It takes time for its finale to slowly fade away.
At a drinking temperature of 18°C, I recommend this wine to pasta with vegetable or tomato sauces, white and red meats, game, tagliolini with mushrooms, fresh raw milk cheese and all mature and/or spicy cheeses.
- Vintage: 2020
- Ageing: Dry
- Country: Italy
- Region: Piedmont
- Volume: 0,75 liter
- Producer and bottler: Vinchio Vaglio - Regione San Pancrazio 1 - 14040 Vinchio (AT) - Italia - +39 0141 950903
- Quality Designation: Denominazione di Origine Controllata e Garantita (DOCG)
- Grape: 100% Barbera
- Winemaking: First, the grapes delivered are selected for their sugar and polyhydric phenol content. Then the stems are removed and the grapes are pressed. The maceration process takes place at controlled temperature in programmable machines. Refinement for 6 months in concrete tanks and 3 months in the bottle.
- Sensory characteristics: Fruity bouquet of peonies, violets and wild flowers. The taste is dry, fruity, fresh, enveloping, spicy, full-bodied and balanced. Long finale.
- Color: Ruby red with a tendency to garnet.
- Alcohol content: 13,50 % Vol.
- Residual sugar: 1,30 g/l
- Total acidity: 5,81 g/l
- Stopper: Natural cork
- How to serve: Very good companion of rich starters. It also goes well with meat dishes such as braised meat, roasts and game. It is also well suited to all ripe and savoury cheeses.
- Recommended serving temperature: Between 18 and 20°C.
- Allergens: Contains sulfites
- EAN (bottle): 8030227000127
- Scope of supply: 1 bottle of wine 0.75 liters
BARBERA is a red grape variety from Piedmont in northwestern Italy and a high quality grape. It is one of the most important and common Italian varietals. The Barbera was already famous in the 13th century. Even then, the still significant growing region Monferrato was famous for this variety. The wines are considered powerful, with pronounced plum flavours, low tannin with full "body" and a deep-ruby color.
Protection of minors: We deliver this article only to adults of unlimited legal capacity and reserve the right to demand appropriate proof of age. The data required for the order, such as name, address, etc., must be provided in full and truthfully.