SOVRANA Barbera d’Alba DOC 2019
"Sovrana" Barbera d’Alba DOC 2019 / Batasiolo / Piedmont
Red wine from Italy
The Sovrana Barbera d’Alba is a red wine that, after meticulous refinement, harmonizes the freshness and intensity of aromas and flavours, can accompany the entire menu. Tart and fruity, with a pronounced acidity that ensures freshness and a fantastic body.
- Vintage: 2019
- Ageing: Dry
- Country: Italy
- Region: Piedmont
- Volume: 0,75 liters
- Producer and bottler: Beni di Batasiolo - Fr. Annunziata 87 - 12064 La Morra (CN) - Italia - +39 0173 50130
- Quality Designation: Denominazione di Origine Controllata (DOC)
- Grape: 100% Barbera from the Alba zone.
- Winemaking: The grapes are hand-picked in the first half of October. After that, they are carefully separated from the stems and gently squeezed. Fermentation takes place in stainless steel tanks for about 10 to 12 days. After malolactic fermentation, 30 to 40% of the total mass ends up in French oak barrels, where this part is refined. The other part of the mass completes its aging in large Slavonian oak barrels. The two parts are then put together and given a further rest period in stainless steel tanks. This Barbera then gets the final refinement in its bottle.
- Sensory characteristics: It offers an intense and persistent olfactory expression with hints of red and ripe fruits and cherries in alcohol. Pleasantly spicy notes with delicate wood and floral notes. On the palate, the freshness harmonizes an obvious alcohol content, which is, however, absolutely pleasant. Nice acidity and very aromatic. Balanced and of medium length with a subtle hint of wood. It manifests an intensity and persistence that is typical of great wines.
- Color: Intense ruby red with garnet reflections.
- Alcohol content: 14,0 % Vol.
- Acid: 5,40 g/l
- Residual sugar: 2,90 g/l
- Total extract: 27,55 g/l
- Sulphite: 92 mg/l
- Ph value: 3,44
- Stopper: Natural cork
- How to serve: The Sovrana goes well with starters, pasta dishes, risotto and with white and red meat. Delicious with aged cheese. Thanks to its very delicate tannins, it can even be served with fish dishes.
- Recommended serving temperature: Between 16 and 18°C.
- Allergens: Contains sulfites
- EAN (bottle): 8002820002396
- Scope of supply: 1 bottle of wine 0.75 liters
BARBERA is a red grape variety from Piedmont in north-western Italy and a high-quality grape. It is one of the most important and common Italian varietals. The Barbera was already famous in the 13th century. Even then, the still significant growing region Monferrato was famous for this variety. The wines are considered powerful, with pronounced plum flavours, low tannin with full "body" and a deep-ruby colour.
Protection of minors: We deliver this article only to adults of unlimited legal capacity and reserve the right to demand appropriate proof of age. The data required for the order, such as name, address, etc., must be provided in full and truthfully.