VALAMASCA Moscato d'Asti DOCG 2021
"Valamasca" Moscato d'Asti DOCG 2021 / Vinchio Vaglio / Piedmont
White wine from Italy
The high-quality white grape variety Moscato Bianco is known all over the world and is known in Germany under the name Gelber Muskatteller. Grown in the warm Piedmont in northwestern Italy, it makes beautifully spicy dessert wines. The "Valamasca" Moscato d'Asti DOCG from the wine cooperative Vinchio Vaglio, which is located in the picturesque village of Vinchio between the famous cities of Asti and Alba, is an aromatic dessert wine.
Certainly "a nectar of the gods" loved by everyone, young and old. The Moscato d'Asti is known and valued as a dessert wine par excellence all over the world. After a careful selection in the vineyards, which for this wine can only be located in the province of Asti, the Moscato Bianco grapes are destined to produce this wonderful white wine. After harvesting, the grapes are transported to the wine cellar as quickly as possible and immediately squeezed slightly to extract only the free-running grape juice. The must obtained in this way is soon cleaned and filtered and then stored in thermo-conditioned tanks at zero degrees Celsius until it is bottled. This simple but effective processing system makes it possible to keep the typical aromas and flavors of Muscat grapes intact, so that they can be found again when the bottle is opened.
The "Valamasca" has a yellow straw color with an intense, aromatic bouquet, which is typical of the Muscat grapes. A hint of white fruits and orange blossom can be seen. In the mouth it is sweet, tender and full with a balanced effervescence. The Moscato d'Asti is one of the most widely drunk wines in the world precisely because it is consumed at every opportunity and at any time of the day.
We recommend this beautiful wine with its moderate alcohol content at an optimal chilled drinking temperature of around 10°C for all desserts. It is perfect with nut cakes and especially sweet Italian pastries.
- Vintage: 2021
- Ageing: Sweet
- Country: Italy
- Region: Piedmont
- Volume: 0,75 liters
- Producer and bottler: Vinchio Vaglio - Regione San Pancrazio 1 - 14040 Vinchio (AT) - Italia - +39 0141 950903
- Quality Designation: Denominazione di Origine Controllata e Garantita (DOCG)
- Grape: 100% Moscato Bianco
- Characterization: The Moscato d'Asti is well known and appreciated all over the world as the Dessert weine for excellence. "Valamasca" has born from Moscato Bianco grapes, an autoctonal variety that grows the Asti district only in vineyards with a south, south west exposure. Thanks to the exposition, we obtain grapes rich of aromas and elaborated sugars; for this reason, we get an extraordinary wine,, softly sweet and smooth. After a visual selection, the grapes are crushed and pressed, and the most obtained is kept at 0°C in refrigerated vats. Thanks to this process we preserve the fragrances and the aromas of the vine till the beginning of the fermentation in autoclave.
- Winemaking: Soft pressing, maintainment of the most at 0°C in refridgerated vats and further refermentation in autoclave.
- Sensory characteristics: Intense bouquet as peculiar of moscato grapes with hints of orange flowers. Its taste is delicate and well balanced with a slightly aromatic fragrance.
- Color: Pale straw yellow.
- Alcohol content: 5 % Vol.
- Stopper: Pressed cork (Diam).
- How to serve: Perfect to be paired with hazel-nut cakes and all desserts.
- Recommended serving temperature: Between 10 and 12°C.
- Allergens: Enthält Sulfite
- Award: Falstaff: 90 Points.
- EAN (bottle): 8030227029050
- Scope of supply: 1 bottle of wine 0.75 liters
The MOSCATO BIANCO is a high quality grape that is spread around the world. In Germany, this variety is known as Muscat. If this grape is grown in the warm region Piedmont, it gives spicy dessert wines.
Protection of minors: We deliver this article only to adults of unlimited legal capacity and reserve the right to demand appropriate proof of age. The data required for the order, such as name, address, etc., must be provided in full and truthfully.