Pinot Grigio Riserva Trentino DOC 2020
Pinot Grigio Riserva Trentino DOC 2020 / Mezzacorona / Trentino
White wine from Italy
Mezzacorona has been cultivating its vineyards in the valleys of the Trentino-South Tyrol region since 1904. This area is particularly predestined thanks to the different microclimates: from mild to moderate and with deep valleys and mountain ranges with mountain peaks over 3500 meters high. Here, in the heart of the Dolomites, Mezzacorona produces wines with a unique, unadulterated character. Just like the region in which they grow. Mezzacorona wines are the result of precise knowledge of the specific properties of the sites and grape varieties. The wines are aromatic and elegant, genuine, and virtuoso. Just like the winemakers who grow them. Especially like the land on which they grow. Generations of committed winemaking families work with an eye on the environment and with the help of sustainable processing methods, they cultivate their vineyards according to integrated viticulture systems and guarantee natural products. A team of competent oenologists and agronomists works by the side of our winemakers every day and accompanies the life cycle of the product from the vine to the harvest and into the bottle. In doing so, they use the most modern techniques and production equipment at the service of tradition.
The Pinot Grigio grape variety has been grown in the Adige Valley for a long time, where it is also known as Ruländer. The shape of the grapes and their gray-reddish color reveal the close relationship with the Pinot Nero, from which it apparently originates. It is grown both in the valley and on low hills.
The grapes for the Pinot Grigio Riserva Trentino DOC are grown by the winemakers of Mezzacorona in an alluvial area of the Adige Valley on low hills northeast of the municipality of Mezzocorona (in German Kronmetz) in Trentino. It is the so-called "Zambiani" area in the Rotaliana plain. The grapes are picked by hand and sorted in the wine cellar within a few hours and pressed immediately. Then they are cold fermented and gently pressed. Alcoholic fermentation at a controlled temperature (16-18°C) can last 12 to 15 days. Part of the Pinot Grigio is matured in steel tanks (40%), the remaining 60% in barriques. After fermentation, the wine remains in barriques for 6 to 8 months with regular "batonnage" (stirring up of the yeasts). After 10 to 11 months, the wine that has matured in steel tanks and wood is blended.
The light-yellow Pinot Grigio Riserva Trentino DOC from Mezzacorona is complex on the nose with hints of white peach, pear, chamomile, and sweet notes resulting from aging in the wood. On the palate it is harmonious, elegant, and refined, with a fresh, fragrant finish.
At an optimal drinking temperature of around 10 to 12°C, this Pinot Grigio goes well with gratinated oven dishes, polenta, and white meat dishes. It is a particularly good accompaniment to tagliatelle with porcini mushrooms.
- Vintage: 2020
- Ageing: Dry
- Country: Italy
- Region: Trentino
- Volume: 0,75 liters
- Producer and bottler: Mezzacorona/NOSIO SPA - Via del Teroldego 1/E - 38016 Mezzocorona (TN) - Italia - +39 0461 616399
- Quality Designation: Denominazione di Origine Controllata (DOC)
- Grape: 100% Pinot Grigio, grown in the so-called "Zablani" vineyard, which lies north-east of Mezzocorona on well-drained alluvial soil.
- Winemaking: The grapes are handpicked and delivered to the winery within a few hours, where they are selected and pressed. Cold maceration and a gentle mash. The racked must is mixed with yeast and fermentation begins at a controlled temperature (16-18 ° C). The Pinot Grigio ferments partly (40%) in steel tanks and 60% in one to two year old barrique barrels, which give the wine its delicate and spicy notes. After fermentation, the wine remains in oak barrels for 6 to 8 months. Meanwhile, stir the yeast pulp. Between the 10th and 11th month, the wine from the steel tanks is mixed with that from the barrels.
- Sensory characteristics: Complex bouquet with notes of ripe fruit (white peach, pear and mature chamomile), that intermingles with the sweetish oak tone. Dry and elegant taste. Harmonious, fine with a fresh crispy endnote.
- Color: Light yellow
- Alcohol content: 13% Vol.
- Residual sugar: 4,5 g/l
- Acidity: 5,0 g/l
- Stopper: Natural cork
- How to serve: This Pinot Grigio Riserva fits excellent to au gratin dishes, polenta and white meat. Particularly suitable for tagliatelle with mushrooms.
- Recommended serving temperature: Between 10 and 12°C.
- Allergens: Contains sulfites
- EAN (bottle): 8004305000194
- Scope of supply: 1 bottle of wine 0.75 liters
The PINOT GRIGIO grape variety has been grown in the Adige Valley for a long time, where it is also known as the Ruländer. The shape of the grapes and their gray-red color reveal their close relationship with the Pinot Nero from which they seem to come. It is grown both in the valley and on low hills. The grapes for the PINOT GRIGIO RISERVA are grown in the most typical vineyard: the so-called "Zablani" vineyard, which lies north-east of Mezzocorona on a well-drained alluvial soil, very similar to the Teroldego vineyards. The PINOT GRIGIO is also known as Pinot Gris. It delivers low-acid grapes that are full of body and extract and often gray.
Protection of minors: We deliver this article only to adults of unlimited legal capacity and reserve the right to demand appropriate proof of age. The data required for the order, such as name, address, etc., must be provided in full and truthfully.