Taurasi DOCG 2015
Taurasi DOCG 2015 / Villa Raiano / Campania
Red wine from Italy
This famous red wine from Campania is made only with Aglianico grapes from the company's own vineyard in the municipality of Montemarano in the province of Avellino at 450 m above sea level. After manual harvesting, the grapes are transported to the wine cellar in small boxes to avoid crushing the berries. After fermentation, the wine matures for about 12 months in oak barrels of different capacities, 12 months in steel and another 12 months in the bottle.
- Vintage: 2015
- Ageing: Dry
- Country: Italy
- Region: Campania
- Volume: 0,75 liters
- Producer and bottler: Villa Raiano - Loc. Cerreto - Via Bosco Satrano, 1 - 83020 San Michele di Serino (AV) - Italia - +39 0825 595663
- Quality Designation: Denominazione di Origine Controllata e Garantita (DOCG)
- Grape: 100% Aglianico
- Winemaking: The grapes for this wine are grown in and around the municipality of Castelfranci near Avellino on clay and limestone soils in the Guyot system. The vinification takes place in stainless steel, depending on the year, with daily circulation and maceration on the skins for 10-20 days. The aging takes place in oak barrels of various sizes for about 24 months and then in the bottle for 12 months.
- Sensory characteristics: Elegant on the nose with notes of red fruits such as mulberry and blackberry, accompanied by a scent of cocoa, tobacco, and a refreshing note of menthol. Dry on the palate with finely integrated wood; pleasant tannins, long-lasting.
- Color: Intense ruby red with garnet-colored nuances.
- Alcohol content: 14,0% Vol.
- Residual sugar: 0,5 g/l
- Acidity: 6,1 g/l
- Stopper: Natural cork
- How to serve: Ideal with smoked sausages and game dishes. Connoisseurs use the Taurasi as a contemplation wine.
- Recommended serving temperature: Between 14 and 16°C.
- Allergens: Contains sulfites
- EAN (bottle): 8004123002257
- Scope of supply: 1 bottle of wine 0.75 liters
Aglianico is a red grape that is grown mainly in the Basilicata and Campania. It was introduced more than 2500 years ago by the Greeks as vitis hellenica to Campania and spread up to Puglia and Basilicata.
This vine produces well-structures and full-bodied wines with intense tannins and a strong acid. The wines need, because of the high tannin content, some years of maturity to develop their high quality.
Protection of minors: We deliver this article only to adults of unlimited legal capacity and reserve the right to demand appropriate proof of age. The data required for the order, such as name, address, etc., must be provided in full and truthfully.